Safety Anti-Spyware is a misleading security application designed to defraud computer users by pretending to be a legitimate Windows program. A Trojan capable of bypassing installed antivirus programs will drop Safety Anti-Spyware on to computer. Aside from that, after installing Safety Anti-Spyware, Trojan will modify various system settings including the registry and configure the malware to load once Windows starts. During abnormal operation with this threat around, users may experience annoyances such as browser redirection, disabled antivirus program, excessive pop-up alerts and messages and disabled system functionalities.
It may be difficult for an ordinary users to remove Safety Anti-Spyware virus since it does not contain an uninstall components. There is no entry on the Add/Remove programs and since antivirus is disabled, there is no way that you can run a scan to detect and remove Safety Anti-Spyware virus. If you want to get rid of Safety Anti-Spyware totally from an infected PC, follow the removal procedure on this page.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Safety Anti-Spyware is a rogue program. Unlike Trojans and viruses, rogues cannot imitate itself once it penetrates the system. The usual propagation method for rogue applications are through fake security web sites, cracked programs and shareware applications that can be obtained from unsecured file-sharing networks.
If Safety Anti-Spyware is installed, computer will suffer from extensive pop-up alerts stating exaggerated identification of viruses. The fake warning may contain the following message:
Malicious programs that may steal your private information and prevent your system from working properly are detected on your computer.
Click here clean your PC immediately.
How to Remove Safety Anti-Spyware
1. Temporarily Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP). [how to]
2. Open your antivirus application and update the virus definition file. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Safety Anti-Spyware
3. Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- From a power-off state, turn on the computer and press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly.
- Your computer will display Windows Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- The system will now boot Windows and loads only necessary drivers and files.
4. Open your antivirus program and run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable, better place them in quarantine. Once the scan is complete, please proceed with the next step.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove Safety Anti-Spyware without the need to install additional antivirus application is to perform a thorough scan with free online virus scanner that can be found here or on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.
5. Go to Online Virus Scanner list and run a virus scan. This may require plug-ins, add-on or Activex object, please install if you want to proceed with scan.
6. After completing the necessary download, your system is now ready for online virus scanning.
7. Select an option in which you can thoroughly scan the computer to make sure that it will find and delete entirely all infections not detected on previous scan.
8. Remove or delete all detected items.
9. When scanning is finished you may now restart the computer in normal mode.
Automatic Removal of Safety Anti-SpywareIn order to completely remove the threat, click here to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Sometimes, Trojans will block the downloading and installation of MBAM. If this happens, download it from a clean computer and rename the executable file before executing on the infected machine.
Alternative Removal Method for Safety Anti-Spyware
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Safety Anti-Spyware enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Safety Anti-Spyware infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Safety Anti-Spyware manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Safety Anti-Spyware requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Safety Anti-Spyware.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Safety Anti-Spyware files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Safety Anti-Spyware.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.