Follow the procedures on this page to remove Scan Disk malware from the infected computer. Download and scan PC with the suggested removal tool.
Scan Disk virus is likely another one of the many programs created to generate revenue from an online fraudulent transaction. Scan Disk will pretend to be a hard disk optimization tool to be able to trick its target. Commonly this type of rogue software can be downloaded from web sites that are infected with a Trojan. These sites can easily download and execute a copy of Scan Disk on visitor’s machine without any notifications. It tends to bypass any installed security program because of its ability to take advantage of certain security vulnerabilities. Once present on the PC, Scan Disk virus will modify system settings and create an entry on the Windows registry. This move will allow it to run every time the computer starts. Having the rogue program will cause annoyances such as browser redirection, Windows malfunction and disabled anti-virus programs. Scan Disk will also stay resident on the memory and blocks any installed application to run occasionally.
With the above mentioned, it is clear enough that rogue program will not do any good on the computer. After all, they were made as an online scam object. Remove Scan Disk instantly with recommended security tool. Be sure to download legitimate programs from the developer’s web site. After installation, update the database to make sure that it can identify newest threats. Delete or remove any detected malware. This simple process can help restore back to its clean and virus-free state.
Screenshot Image of Scan Disk:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
To scare computer users, it will display an error message each time a user will attempt to open and applications installed on the system. The content of the message is false. Here is some sample.
Requested registry access is not allowed. Registry defragmentation required
Read time of hard drive clusters less than 500 ms
32% of HDD space is unreadable
Bad sectors on hard drive or damaged file allocation table
GPU RAM temperature is critically high. Urgent RAM memory optimization is required to prevent system crash
Drive C initializing error
Ram Temperature is 83 C. Optimization is required for normal operation.
Hard drive doesn’t respond to system commands
Data Safety Problem. System integrity is at risk.
Registry Error – Critical Error
How to Remove Scan Disk
Step 1 : Remove Scan Disk with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Scan Disk. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Scan Disk, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Scan Disk
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
Boot in Safe Mode on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
Start computer in Safe Mode using Windows 8
a) Before Windows begins to load, press Shift and F8 on your keyboard.
b) On Recovery interface, click on 'See advanced repair options'.
c) Next, click on Troubleshoot option.
d) Then, select Advanced options from the list.
e) Lastly, please choose Windows Startup Settings and click on Restart. When Windows restarts, you will be send to a familiar Advanced Boot Options screen.
f) Select Safe Mode from the selections menu.
9. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
10. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Scan Disk and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
11. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
12. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Run Additional Scanner to Ensure that Scan Disk is Totally Deleted
To thoroughly remove Scan Disk, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Scan Disk
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Scan Disk drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
Open System Restore on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
c) Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent Scan Disk Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.