There is a program called “Security Scanner” that spreads over the Internet. It is observed to utilize a Trojan for this purpose. Security Scanner may appear like a good software where in fact, it is as harmful as any other computer viruses.
Security Scanner is a virus that will disguise as real anti-virus product. It enters the system without a warning and does not consider user’s approval. This action is very much likely, since Security Scanner is a misleading software. Others describe fake anti-virus as rogue program because of mischief software developers whose only goal is to earn a profit from this illegal acts. Because it is easy to persuade online users by cheating process, Security Scanner find this market as the main target. The program introduces self as useful computer protection software, but what lies inside it is a foul objective. It will brag about capacity to remove Trojans, viruses, malware, and to protect the system against these attacks, hence, these are not the actual scene once you load the program.
When installed, Security Scanner shows off its power to depend the PC through false claims. It will run a virus scan that produces dozens of fake results, detecting non-existent threats. By unbroken pop-up alerts, Security Scanner aims to promote itself and persuade you into buying the full version. Moreover, this rogue program is closely working with a Trojan that has special objective. It was brought to the system in order to protect Security Scanner and keep its presence until such time that victims have acquired the full version. The Trojan may have special skills to hide them both and be undetected from real security modules.
There is no doubt that removing Security Scanner is a top priority once it is spotted on the system. Access the free removal guide and tool on this page to completely eliminate this bogus software.
Screenshot Image of Security Scanner Virus:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Presence of this rogue program will lead to several annoyances. You will find your Internet browser redirecting to unknown web sites. Might as well, it will be pointed to a fake Internet Explorer warning page consisting of an alert messages like “Warning message from Internet browser. This page under virus attack. This may crash your system.”
Security Scanner also produces frequent fake pop-up notices including the following:
Security Scanner Warning
Harmful software have been detected at your PC.
Click here to deactivate it.
“file.exe” is infected with “Backdoor:Win32/Samsteal.A.dr”.
Do you want to register your copy and remove all threats now?
How to Remove Security Scanner
Restore Windows ComponentsIf this virus enters your system, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If you have a saved restore point before this virus infiltrates the computer, please restore Windows to previous settings.
Activating the Rogue Program
Security Scanner will block running of any programs from your PC. It also prevents your access to Internet particularly a visit to anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the key below will regain you access to the mentioned blocked services.
Activation Code: 64C665BE-4DE7-423B-A6B6-BC0172B25DF2
Once activated, you are now free to download the recommended program to scan the computer and remove Security Scanner.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Security Scanner from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure, as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer.
8. When scanning is finished, click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belong to Security Scanner.
10. Restart your computer.
Note:If you cannot download the program due to malware activities, get the software from another computer. Then, rename the file to “anything.exe” to elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Security Scanner
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Security Scanner enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Security Scanner infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Security Scanner manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Security Scanner requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Security Scanner.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Security Scanner files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Security Scanner.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:
Note: "Jkm87srthbdueff" is any random file name created by Security Scanner.Added Registry Entries: