Security Shield Pro 2011
In order to remove Security Shield Pro 2011 from an infected computer, you need to scan the system with real anti-malware program. See the complete removal guide on this page.
Security Shield Pro 2011 is a misleading Windows program. This is another rogue security software that will spread over the Internet. User may obtain this thing from fake online virus scanner web sites. It may also arrive as an attached file to spam e-mail messages, links from chat software or invalid installer hosted on file-sharing networks. Security Shield Pro 2011 virus is harmful as it can render the infected system unusable. Moreover, this malware will block access to any installed software and declare that it is infected when user tries to execute the file. This rogue program also makes changes to desktop wallpaper, replacing it with a plain background containing warning messages and false alert. Never trust those warnings. It aims to remind user that PC is infected with virus and only the full version of Security Shield Pro 2011 can remove the threats.
Presence of this harmful software also reduces security settings on the PC. It will attempt to kill any process that belongs to anti-virus and firewall programs. In addition, Trojan that is allied to Security Shield Pro 2011 will redirect search page results to bogus security web sites.
Pop-up messages and made-up virus scan results shown by this fake tool is set up to annoy the victim. It will display scary messages and hopes that user will pay for the licensed version of this product. It will present all means to persuade its victims to obtain the Security Shield Pro 2011 registration key.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Security Shield Pro 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Security Shield Pro 2011". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Security Shield Pro 2011.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Security Shield Pro 2011. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program.
- (Windows 2000/XP) Go to Start > Run, type "regedit" on dialog box then press Enter on keyboard.
- (Windows Vista/7) Go to Start > Search Program and Files, type "regedit" and press Enter.
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Security Shield Pro 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Security Shield Pro 2011 Removal Tool
In order to remove the threat completely, you need to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This is a free malware removal tool. If Trojan infection blocks the downloading of this program, get it using a clean computer. Rename the executable file before executing on the infected PC.
Use A Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
For complete removal of the virus, carry out a separate scan using different security program. This may catch infected items that evade your previous scan. Download and run SAS Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for Security Shield Pro 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Security Shield Pro 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Security Shield Pro 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Security Shield Pro 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Security Shield Pro 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Security Shield Pro 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Security Shield Pro 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Security Shield Pro 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.