Shield Protector 2012 could be another harmful malware to hunt down Internet users. It is expected that so many online users may catch this threat because of its propagation method that commonly infects web sites. After entering the server where target web site is hosted, Shield Protector 2012 will drop harmful code that will cause a drive-by-download function. Unknown to visitors, this technique by rogue developers may drop and install malware onto their system without seeking their approval. If Shield Protector 2012 is loaded on your machine, it will force you to buy the fake software using tactics similar to other malware. You will notice a bunch of false security warnings and alerts. Additionally, on every Windows start-up, Shield Protector 2012 will run a scan and provide a result, which may worry computer users. It states that computer is in danger and the only solution is to buy the full version of Shield Protector 2012.
Some are lucky that their antivirus program may detect and avoid the risks. However, others who are open to risks may be infected with this virus easily. More users are prone to this malware because of outdated software, not protected, or protected but with weak security software. It is very important to make it a habit to update your Windows, Internet Browser and anti-virus programs regularly. Without a protection, users who are vulnerable to this type of attack may obtain severe computer damages or worst will end up buying the useless software.
Shield Protector 2012 will harshly infect your computer to the point that you will lose control of it. You will have no access to Internet, cannot run software, and a lockup desktop. Although these things may happen fast, do not lose hope still. There is still a remedy. Buying the full version of Shield Protector 2012 is not an option. All you need is a good anti-malware product that will scan, detect and eliminate presence of the fake product.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Shield Protector 2012
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Shield Protector 2012 from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Shield Protector 2012 Removal Tool
2. Download this anti-malware program and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Shield Protector 2012.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Shield Protector 2012 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.