Smart Anti-Malware Protection
Do not fall into Smart Anti-Malware Protection’s trick. This fake security software will show adverse pop-up alerts to mislead you into buying the paid version of it. Remove this malware from your PC if it exists.
Smart Anti-Malware Protection is a virus that will be another damaging enemy of computer users. This malicious software is the next project of criminals and a successor to Antivirus Smart Protection. Some wonders how this rogue software gets inside the system without their authority. Does it require your approval? Does it come alone to infect your PC? The answer is simple. Smart Anti-Malware Protection will not ask your permission to get itself installed. It was not designed to execute by itself. On a typical rogue software operation, they seek help from Trojans to spread a copy and be loaded on target computer without the consent of user. Some of this threat will spread and enter your system by means of spam email messages. Others may use legitimate web site as another form of distribution. Author of Smart Anti-Malware Protection utilize a Trojan to infect web sites and host the malware so that visitors may download the virus accidentally.
When Smart Anti-Malware Protection is inside your system you will encounter fake alerts. It will also simulate a virus scan and provide false result. The intention of this virus is simply to mislead you into buying the registered version of the product. However, once you obtain the key, the virus will remain. It is not enough to purchase this program. In fact, it is not the solution. To get rid of the threat identified by Smart Anti-Malware Protection, you need to delete the fake antivirus first. You can do this by scanning the computer with real anti-malware product as you can see on our removal procedure below.
Screenshot Image of Smart Anti-Malware Protection :
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
When Smart Anti-Malware Protection is running on your computer, it will pretend as valid antivirus. It will detect a number of threats that does not exist at all. This is a clever trick to misguide computer users. The virus will also show several pop-up messages including this one.
Warning! Virus Detected
Threat Detected: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Citifraud
Infected file: C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Recent\
Description: This is a Trojan program made as a fake HTML page. It is made for stealing information about clients of Citibank. It is sent as important message by Citibank.
How to Remove Smart Anti-Malware Protection
Restore Windows Components:If this virus enters your system, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If you have a saved restore point before this virus infiltrates the computer, please restore Windows to previous settings.
Activating the Rogue Program
Smart Anti-Malware Protection will block running of any programs from your PC. It also prevents your access to Internet particularly a visit to anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the key below will regain you access to the mentioned blocked services.
Activation Code: U2FD-S2LA-H4KA-UEPB or K7LY-R5GU-SI9D-EVFB
Once activated, you are now free to download the recommended program to scan the computer and remove Smart Anti-Malware Protection.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Smart Anti-Malware Protection from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure, as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer.
8. When scanning is finished, click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belong to Smart Anti-Malware Protection.
10. Restart your computer.
Note:If you cannot download the program due to malware activities, get the software from another computer. Then, rename the file to “anything.exe” to elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Smart Anti-Malware Protection
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Smart Anti-Malware Protection enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Smart Anti-Malware Protection infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Smart Anti-Malware Protection manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Smart Anti-Malware Protection requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Smart Anti-Malware Protection.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Smart Anti-Malware Protection files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Smart Anti-Malware Protection.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.