Spyware XP Guard
Remove Spyware XP Guard and all files and registry entries linked to it. Use the guide on this page to uninstall this malware instantly.
Spyware XP Guard is a software specifically designed to lure Windows XP users that it was a legitimate product. Rogue security program such as this relies heavily on misleading tactics to convince user into considering Spyware XP Guard. One famous technique by this bogus program is to exhibit alerts containing false information such as “virus attack,” “malware presence,” and “hacker’s intrusion.”
Remember that rogue program is created primarily as a moneymaking device for its authors. In order to persuade user to spend for Spyware XP Guard, a convincing approach is needed. Therefore, aside from fake security warnings, authors design the program to perform virus scanning every time Windows boots. It will report a number of identified threats as additional deception method.
This malware arrives on the computer as a companion to a Trojan. Typically, Trojan Downloader is the most responsible in spreading Spyware XP Guard to computers that are linked via the Internet. User may acquire this threat from malicious web sites or as an attached file to spam email messages. It strikes Windows registry as soon as it enters the PC. The malware will add some modules to include the malware on start-up process.
If a presence of Spyware XP Guard is spotted on the computer, carry out a thorough virus scan at once using only real anti-malware program. For computer savvy users, the malware can be eliminated by removing files and registry entries.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista
How to Remove Spyware XP Guard
1. Reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Continue tapping F8 on your keyboard after turning on the computer.
- From the selections menu, select Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Connect to Internet and download SuperAntiSpyware here.
3. Install SAS with default configuration. It will prompt for update when installation has completed.
4. After installation and update, SuperAntiSpyware will open.
5. On main window, select Scan Type, choose Complete Scan. This is recommended to detect all files associated to Spyware XP Guard.
6. Click on Scan your Computer…, this will give you options on which drive to scan.
7. On Scan Location, select c:\Fixed Drive.
8. Click on Start Complete Scan to begin the scanning process.
9. Scanning will take some time. Please be patient. When scanning is done, it will display the Scan Summary.
10. On scanning Window, items infected with Spyware XP Guard are marked in check.
11. Click Next to remove infected items.
12. It will prompt you to reboot your computer. Click Yes to reboot.
13. After a reboot, open SuperAntiSpyware again. Go to the Main Menu and click Manage Quarantine.
14. Select all items that were quarantined and click Remove. This will completely remove all files and components of Spyware XP Guard.
15. Close the Window to exit SuperAntiSpyware.
Alternative Removal Method for Spyware XP Guard
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Spyware XP Guard enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Spyware XP Guard infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Spyware XP Guard manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Spyware XP Guard requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Spyware XP Guard.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Spyware XP Guard files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Spyware XP Guard.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.