System Fix and Computer Fix Virus
System Fix is a virus or mostly called as malware. Its other clone Computer Fix is a renewed version. Whichever of these viruses may hit your computer without a warning.
System Fix virus and its clone Computer Fix virus are some of the newest variants from the group of fake hard drive utility software. Both will introduce themselves as a program that can fix system errors and improve the performance of computer after you acquire the full version of it.
In reality, System Fix and Computer Fix are using unfair marketing strategies to promote themselves. It entails mostly deceptive techniques to guarantee user’s consideration by providing false security information about the computer. System Fix will declare a number of imaginary critical hard drive and system errors in the form of pop-up alerts and self-initiated PC performance analysis.
System Fix and Computer Fix comes into the computer even without your proper approval. Trojans may creep into the PC without a notice that it even escapes detection from your installed anti-virus program. Subsequently, this rogue application targets systems files and Windows registry to include System Fix as part of the start-up items. Being able to load the malware at Windows boot-up makes it more damaging and risky. While this unwanted product starts to control operation of the computer, it makes changes to prevent own removal as well. Killing your anti-virus program and blocking almost all software is its primary tasks.
Obtaining the paid version of System Fix or Computer Fix is not the solution. Below, you can see a simple guide to help you get rid of these programs without spending a single penny.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
System Fix Is Also Detected As:
Trojan.Generic.KD.435384 (BitDefender), Trojan.Siggen3.27796 (DrWeb), Trojan.Win32.FakeSysdef!IK (Emsisoft), Trojan.Generic.KD.435384 (F-Secure), W32/FakeAV.OZ!tr (Fortinet), Trojan.Win32.FakeSysdef (Ikarus), Trojan.Win32.Vilsel.bfea (Kaspersky), Generic FakeAlert.bz (McAfee), Trojan.Win32.Generic.pak!cobra (VIPRE)
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
System Fix and Computer Fix are potentially unwanted applications. These programs were created in the sole purpose of collecting profit from naïve computer users that are willing to pay for a certain amount in order to resolve what they perceive are real system irregularities.
These programs are fake so as the warnings and findings situated on victim’s computer. Most importantly, obtaining the paid version of System Fix and Computer Fix is not the acceptable solution to eliminate the problem.
When the program is installed, expect that it will flood the computer with excessive fake security alerts similart to the following:
Hard drive clusters are partly damaged. Segment load failure.
RAM memory reliability is extremely low. This problem may cause system failure.
Files indexation process fails
Indexation process failure may cause:
- File may become unreadable
- Files and documents can be lost
- Operation System may slow down dramatically
To prevent possible damage to this PC follow the recommendations:
It is highly recommended to run file integrity checker
now and resolve this issue.
Video Tutorial (System Fix Removal)
How to Remove System Fix and Computer Fix Virus
1. On fake System Fix and Computer Fix Virus console, click on Click here to activate full-functional version. Enter any email address and this code provided by S!Ri.
Activation Code: 1203978628012489708290478989147
3. Download MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware from this link.
4. Once download is complete, double-click on the file to install MBAM. Just load it with default settings. It may prompt for update after installation, please download all necessary updates.
5. MBAM will run right after the update has completed.
6. Click on Perform quick scan, the click on Scan. MBAM will scan the computer for presence of threats. This may take a while.
7. When scan has completed, NPE will display a list of all detected threats.
8. Click on Show Results to reveal all identified threats.
9. Make sure that all threats are mark with check. Click on Remove Selected to permanently delete all files and registry entries that belongs to System Fix and Computer Fix Virus.
10. If it prompts you to restart the computer, just click No. We need to remove some more files that belong to System Fix and Computer Fix Virus.
11. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard. Windows Task Manager will open. On Application, select System Fix or Computer Fix Virus and click on End Task. This will end the running process of rogue program.
12. Next, we need to locate and delete the files manually (These steps can be automatically performed by MBAM after restarting the computer).
- For XP Users: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
- For Vista and Windows 7 Users: Go to C:\ProgramData\
- Delete all files with questionable random file name similar to the following:
13. We need to remove Startup entry belonging to System Fix and Computer Fix Virus.
- Go to Start > Run and type msconfig. This will open System Configuration Utility.
- Click on Startup tab. - Look for startup item consisting of random character.
- Remove the check mark and click OK.
14. Please restart the computer to complete the removal process.
15. After restarting the computer, you need to unhide all files set hidden by System Fix and Computer Fix Virus.However, if you have activated System Fix ealier, you may skip this step. Activating System Fix using the given activation code automatically unhides all files and folders.
- Open My Computer. Go to Drive C: and select all files.
- Right-click on highlighted files then select Properties.
- On Attributes area, remove the mark on Hidden. Please confirm that you will apply the changes to Selected items, subfolders and files.
What To Do If Files and Folders Are Missing?
a. Open Windows Explorer/My Computer.
b. On Top Menu, click on Organize > Folder and Search Options (Windows Vista/7).
On Top Menu, click on Tools > Folder Options (Windows XP).
c. Click on View tab.
d. Mark "Show hidden files and folders"
e. Click on Apply, then OK.
That will show all hidden files and folders on your computer.
16. Lastly, all shortcut link files must be removed. They are all visible on your task bar, desktop and Programs menu. Simply delete any .LNK files that correspond to System Fix and Computer Fix Virus. You may also refer to 'Associated Files' section for individual location.
Removing Rootkit Trojan
On some instances, Rootkit Trojan is the one responsible for dropping System Fix inside the computer. Rootkit Trojan is capable of concealing itself from anti-virus application and hides its presence. This is the reason why we need to neutralize the complicated malware using a special tool designed for this type of infection.
1. Download Norton Power Eraser here. Save it to your desktop.
2. Once download is complete, double click on NPE.Exe.
3. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept.
4. On NPE main window, click on Scan.
5. On next window, select Include Rootkit Scan and click on Restart.
6. NPE will restart the computer and performs rootkit scanning. This may take a while.
7. When scan has completed, NPE will display a list of all detected threats.
Important! If there are any detected threats under Suspicious, remove the check mark. Only threats in Detected category are necessary to remove at this point. Make sure that you mark the Create System Restore Point before proceeding with the fix.
8. Now, click on Fix to start removing any threats associated to System Fix.
9. Norton Power Eraser will restart the computer. Then after a reboot, it will initialize and display the eliminated threats.
10. You may now close NPE. That completely removes System Fix rootkit Trojan.
Alternative Removal Method for System Fix and Computer Fix Virus
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If System Fix and Computer Fix Virus enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before System Fix and Computer Fix Virus infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : System Fix and Computer Fix Virus manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of System Fix and Computer Fix Virus requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to System Fix and Computer Fix Virus.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for System Fix and Computer Fix Virus files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by System Fix and Computer Fix Virus.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.