Ultimate System Guard is another threat from the rogue program group who also popularized Personal Deluxe Guard, Windows Additional Guard and Windows Guard Pro. This counterfeit program can bypass legit security software and virus scanners on the computer by using a Trojan that conceals it process, files and other components on the system. Users may only detect presence of this potentially unwanted program when an Ultimate System Guard virus scan starts to scrutinize the computer and present dozens of detected viruses.
There is nothing to worry. All detected threats do not really reside on the system. Detection was comparable to other computers even clean ones; this clearly indicates that rogue program’s virus scanning engine is non-operational. The malware author created these false threats to delude people about the valid security status of their PC. So beware of this hazardous program masquerading as genuine system guardian.
To remove Ultimate System Guard, users must not rely on Add/Remove Programs of Windows. The fraud software does not contain any uninstall information which makes the instant removal function impossible. To perform automatic removal, you must use a trusted anti-malware program.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Similar to other malware from the same group, Ultimate System Guard displays many fake warnings as a tactics to scare users and force them to obtain the registration key. Internet browser redirection, disables antivirus program and non-responding desktop are other damages it causes to the compromised PC.
How to Remove Ultimate System Guard
1. Reboot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Continue tapping F8 on your keyboard after turning on the computer.
- From the selections menu, select Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Connect to Internet and download SuperAntiSpyware here.
3. Install SAS with default configuration. It will prompt for update when installation has completed.
4. After installation and update, SuperAntiSpyware will open.
5. On main window, select Scan Type, choose Complete Scan.
6. Click on Scan your Computer…, this will give you options on which drive to scan.
7. On Scan Location, select c:\Fixed Drive.
8. Click on Start Complete Scan. This will begin the scanning process.
9. Scanning will take some time. Please be patient.8. When scanning is done it will display the Scan Summary.
10. On scanning Window, items detected are marked in check.
11. Click Next to remove infected items.
12. It will prompt you to reboot your computer. Click Yes to reboot.
13. After reboot. Open SuperAntiSpyware again. Go to the Main Menu and click Manage Quarantine.
14. Select all items that were quarantined and click Remove. This will completely remove all detected items on your computer.
15. Close the Window to exit SuperAntiSpyware.
Alternative Removal Method for Ultimate System Guard
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Ultimate System Guard enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Ultimate System Guard infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Ultimate System Guard manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Ultimate System Guard requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Ultimate System Guard.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Ultimate System Guard files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Ultimate System Guard.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.