Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 is a misleading security application that will be spread by a Trojan. The said Trojan will infect computer by exploiting software and security vulnerabilities. Once infected, Internet browser of victim’s PC will be hijacked and redirect to a fake security web site where Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 is promoted. There are also instances that this rogue software will be uploaded to web sites that will pretend as multimedia pages that will require visitors to download and install a player before movies can be viewed online. Unknown to them, it was not the player that is being installed, but a copy of Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 virus.
When loaded successfully on the computer, Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 will provide fake alerts and warning messages telling users that computer is infected with various kind of Trojans and viruses. It will repeatedly attempt to clean these threats but a registered version of Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 is always promoted. Without the paid version, complete annoyances is carried out to force users to spend for this useless product. Real solution to this kind of problem is a legitimate anti-malware product as recommended below. Download, install, update and do a complete scan of the infected computer to get rid of Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 and all of its associated files.
Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 Screen Shot:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 may install itself with the help of the Trojan. Once it gets inside the computer, it will generate excessive alerts pronouncing security intrusions and virus detection. Ignore these alerts as much as possible. It is part of the overall trick conducted by Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 to force user into obtaining the commercial version of the program. These fake alerts will show the following messages:
Vista Antispyware 2012 Alert
Security Hole Detected!
A program is trying to exploit Windows security holes! Passwords and sensitive data may be stolen. Do you want to block this attack?
Vista Antispyware 2012 Alert
Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected!
How to Remove Vista Anti-Spyware 2012
Activating the Rogue Program
Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Activation Code: 3425-814615-3990
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 is now possible.
Here is a simple step-by-step procedure to remove Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 virus from an infected computer. Please follow the steps carefully.
1. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any accessible location of your hard drive.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install the program using the “default” settings.
4. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database. - Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before starting a scan. Please proceed with update to obtain the latest database necessary to detect and remove Vista Anti-Spyware 2012.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly and completely check all files, folders and registry entries for possible infection.
7. When scanning is finished, click on Show Results.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. After removing items associated with Vista Anti-Spyware 2012, it will prompt to restart the computer. Click Yes to complete the cleaning process.
10. When computer starts, open MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Go to Quarantine tab and click on Delete All to fully remove all malicious items.
Note: Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.
Alternative Removal Method for Vista Anti-Spyware 2012
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Vista Anti-Spyware 2012.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Vista Anti-Spyware 2012 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Vista Anti-Spyware 2012.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.