Vista Antivirus 2010
Vista Antivirus 2010 is a fake antivirus program that tries to mislead computer users by pretending as legitimate security program associated to MS Vista Operating System. Rogue programs like this have similar goal of using unfair marketing technique to sell itself and earn a profit at the expense of innocent consumer. Typically, Vista Antivirus 2010 uses tactics that can easily deceive computer users. It posted a barrage of warning alerts indicating that several threats are present on the system. Moreover, providing security scans that also produces similar security findings contributes to its misinformation campaign.
Force distribution of Vista Antivirus 2010 on to computers is feasible by exploiting software vulnerabilities. Trojans can download and execute this malicious program on your machine by utilizing those exploit as safe passage. Once it infects the system, it registers itself as part of Windows start-up that automatically loads the program after user’s log-on. By providing supplementary registry entry, malware can block execution of any installed program including antivirus software. Definitely, killing any running process that belongs to legitimate security application can prevent Vista Antivirus 2010′s removal.
Vista Antivirus 2010 requires immediate removal. This software is designed to update itself by establishing a connection between your PC and remote server. It will download more malware that makes it more hazardous.
Screenshot Image of Vista Antivirus 2010:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
During Vista Antivirus 2010′s presence on the system, it will repeatedly issue fake alert messages in an attempt to mislead user. Some of this fake security warning are:
Tracking software found!
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing security scan.
Vista Antivirus 2010 Firewall Alert!
Vista Antivirus 2010 has blocked a program from accessing the Internet
Internet Explorer is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32-Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
How to Remove Vista Antivirus 2010
Step 1 : Remove Vista Antivirus 2010 with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Vista Antivirus 2010. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Vista Antivirus 2010, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Vista Antivirus 2010
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Vista Antivirus 2010 and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Run Additional Scanner to Ensure that Vista Antivirus 2010 is Totally Deleted
To thoroughly remove Vista Antivirus 2010, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Step 3 : Remove the Rootkit Trojan that installs Vista Antivirus 2010
For automatic removal of rootkit Trojan using a free tool, you can refer to this guide. Download the tool and carefully follow the instruction.
1. Click on the button below to download the file FixZeroAccess.exe from official web site. A new window or tab will open containing the download link.
2. Close all running programs and remove any disc drives and USB devices on the computer.
3. Temporarily Disable System Restore if you are running on Windows XP). [how to]
4. Browse for the location of the file FixZeroAccess.exe.
5. Double-click on the file to run it. If User Account Control prompts for a security warning and ask if you want to run the file, please choose Run.
6. It will open a Zero Access Fix Tool End User License Agreement (EULA). You must accept this license agreement in order to proceed with rootkit removal. Please click I Accept.
7. It will display a message and prepares the computer to restart. Please click on Proceed.
8. When it shows a message about 'Restarting System' please click on OK button.
9. After restarting the computer, the tool will display information about the identified threats. Please continue running the tool by following the prompts.
10. When it reaches the final step, the tool will show the scan result containing deleted components of Vista Antivirus 2010 and other identified virus.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Vista Antivirus 2010
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Vista Antivirus 2010 drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Vista Antivirus 2010 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Vista Antivirus 2010 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Vista Antivirus 2010.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Vista Antivirus 2010 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be saved automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Thoroughly scan the computer with your updated antivirus software.
4. Delete all files dropped by Vista Antivirus 2010.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Ways to Prevent Vista Antivirus 2010 Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.