Vista Defender 2013 is a misleading security product created by online criminals to steal money from their victims. This fake antivirus program runs a scan similar to genuine software. However, Vista Defender 2013 will provide phony results to scare you and makes you think that computer is infected with Trojans, viruses, and malware. It also issues many security warnings that identify a number of threats. In the end, all notifications will advise you to purchase the Vista Defender 2013 registration key.
There are few reasons how you may be infected with Vista Defender 2013 virus. First, if you are not regularly updating your programs. Rootkit Trojan that is linked with this malware will take advantage of outdated software that possesses holes. Second, attackers behind Vista Defender 2013 will spread a link that will point your browser to the malware location. You may accidentally click on this links while using social networking sites and reading emails. Lastly, Vista Defender 2013 is often packed with another program that is made available on file-sharing networks. Downloading what you think is useful software may lead to Vista Defender 2013 virus infection.
Remove Vista Defender 2013 and the rootkit Trojan by following the procedures on this page. Download our suggested tool to uninstall the fake antivirus and eradicate all malware that are residing on the computer.
Screenshot Image of Vista Defender 2013:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Vista Defender 2013
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Activating Vista Defender 2013
The malware will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove Vista Defender 2013 is now possible. Use the registration code below. If it prompts for email address, you can input any email address.Registration key: 3425-814615-3990
Step 2 : Scan the computer with recommended removal tool
1. First thing you should do is reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Vista Defender 2013 from loading at start-up.
NOTE: You will need to PRINT or BOOKMARK this procedure, as we have to restart the computer during the removal process.
Remove all media such as Memory Card, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer and please do the following:
Boot in Safe Mode on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
Start computer in Safe Mode using Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) Close any running programs on your computer.
b) Get ready to Start Windows. On your keyboard, Press and Hold Shift key and then, click on Restart button.
c) It will prompt you with options, please click on Troubleshoot icon.
d) Under Troubleshoot window, select Advanced Options.
e) On next window, click on Startup Settings icon.
f) Lastly, click on Restart button on subsequent window.
g) When Windows restarts, present startup options with numbers 1 - 9. Select "Enable Safe Mode with Networking" or number 5.
h) Windows will now boot on Safe Mode with Networking. Proceed with virus scan as the next step.
2. Download the Removal Tool and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finished downloading, locate and double-click on the file to install the application. Windows' User Account Control will prompt at this point, please click Yes to continue installing the program.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Click Finish after successful installation. Program will run automatically and you will be prompted to download software updates. Please download needed update.
6. When finished updating, the tool will run. Click on Scan tab from Top Menu of main screen. Then, choose Threat Scan (Recommended) to check your computer thoroughly.
7. Click on Start Scan to begin. Scanning may take a while. When done, this tool will display lists of identified threats.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Vista Defender 2013.
9. Finally, click Finish and restart your computer.
Note: If Vista Defender 2013 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Step 3 : Ensure that no more files of Vista Defender 2013 are left inside the computer
1. Click on the button below to download Norton Power Eraser from official web site. Save it to your desktop or any location of your choice.
2. After downloading, navigate its location and double-click on the NPE.exe file to launch the program.
3. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept to proceed.
4. On NPE main window, click on Advanced Options. We will attempt to remove "Vista Defender 2013" by thoroughly scanning your current operating system.
5. On next window, select System Scan and click on Scan now to perform standard scan on your computer.
6. NPE will proceed with the scan. It will search for Trojans, viruses, and malware like Vista Defender 2013. This may take some time, depending on the number of files currently stored on the computer.
7. When scan is complete. All detected risks are listed. Click on Fix Now to remove Vista Defender 2013 and other known threats. Then, restart Windows if necessary.
Step 4 : Remove the Rootkit Trojan that installs Vista Defender 2013
Rootkit Remover is a stand-alone utility developed by McAfee. It can be used to detect and remove rootkit Trojan that is associated with Vista Defender 2013. This tool can detect rootkit that is part of ZeroAccess, Necurs, and TDSS family.
1. Download Rootkit Remover and save it to your desktop or any accessible location. Click the button below to begin the download.
2. Locate the file rootkitremover.exe and double-click to run the program.
3. When User Account Control prompts if you want to allow the program to make changes on the computer, please click Yes.
4. Rootkit Remover instantly scans the computer and look for presence of Trojans, viruses, and rootkit that is related to Vista Defender 2013 .
5. Once it finishes scanning the computer, the tool will require you to restart Windows.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Vista Defender 2013
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Vista Defender 2013 drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
c) Windows will display list of saved restore points. Select the most recent one to restore Windows to previous working and clean state.
d) It may take some time to fully restore back-up files. Restart Windows when done.
Open System Restore on Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) For Windows 8 user, go to Start Search, while on Windows 10, use the Start Menu Search and type rstrui.
b) Click on the located program to open System Restore window.
c) Windows will display list of saved restore points if it is active. Select the most recent one to restore Windows to previous working and clean state.
d) It may take a while to fully restore back-up files. Restart Windows when done.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore.
Did Vista Defender 2013 blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To solve Internet connection problem, please see our guide in fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Also, make sure that your Windows Host File is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.