Vista Internet Security 2012
Vista Internet Security 2012 is a fake anti-virus program that changes its names when attempting to install itself on victims computer. It is clever enough to identify the operating system of the target computer and use the information gathered to present itself as a legitimate program that will match the system. Usually, Vista Internet Security 2012 is uploaded on infected web sites that was made available to propagate a copy of the said potentially unwanted program. Aside from malicious web sites, authors of this rogue program are utilizing any unsecured file-sharing networks where a copy of the same programs are uploaded. In this method, the executable was renamed to legitimate utility software and game files in order to fake computer users.
If a copy of Vista Internet Security 2012 is installed, it will begin to display a barrage of fake alerts and warning messages stating that computer is under attack or either infected with various kinds of threats. It also regularly scan the computer with its own virus scan and provide its own findings, which according to security experts are untrusted. After all, rogue programs will produce fabricated scan results in order to mislead users and make them believe that computer is really infected. This will be taken as advantage to promote and sell a paid version of Vista Internet Security 2012.
Vista Internet Security 2012 Screen Shot:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows Vista[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Vista Internet Security 2012
Activating the Rogue Program
Vista Internet Security 2012 will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Activation Code: 3425-814615-3990
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove Vista Internet Security 2012 is now possible.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Vista Internet Security 2012 from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Vista Internet Security 2012.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Vista Internet Security 2012 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Vista Internet Security 2012
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Vista Internet Security 2012 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Vista Internet Security 2012 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Vista Internet Security 2012 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Vista Internet Security 2012 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Vista Internet Security 2012.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Vista Internet Security 2012 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Vista Internet Security 2012.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.