West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus
This page contains description and systematic removal for West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus. Aside from this malware, you also need to remove the Trojan that causes this infection.
West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus is another addition to the list of ransom program. This is a new activity for cyber criminals to earn money illegally online. Now that there are less opportunity in generating revenue for rogue software, malware authors are now shifting to ransomware such as West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus.
Unlike rogue program, this new threat does not require to drop and install a fake software. Instead, it relies on a Trojan to infiltrate a target computer. Once inside, the Trojan will modify certain settings that affects running of entire programs. It also switches the desktop wallpaper to a warning message stating your involvement in illicit act. West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus finds that the computer was used for illegal activities. For this reason, the fake authority demands you to pay a penalty through Ukash or Paysafecard.
Here are some of the messages you may witness on the screen:
Warning! Your computer is locked!
Please wait a code introduced by your release will be controlled. If you enter the code right – your computer will be released for 1-4 hours.
Please wait, your data is being verified!
If you enter the correct code and pay the fine, you will regain access to your computer.
If you enter a wrong code, this message will reappear
If you enter a wrong code three times, your hard drive will be completely wiped; your computer will be damaged and unusable.
Even though how scary the messages was, we still insist not to pay a fine for West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus. There are some legal ways to regain your access and that was what we have provided on this page. Follow the procedure below and your computer will be free from this malware.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk
Create A Bootable USB Drive
3. Insert a clean USB flash drive to available slot. To record the ISO file and create a bootable USB drive, double-click on rescue2usb.exe. It will extract the files and create a folder called Kaspersky Rescue2Usb.
4. Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker should run after the extraction. If not browse the Kaspersky Rescue2Usb folder and run the rescue2usb file.
5. From Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker console, click on Browse and locate the file kav_rescue_10.iso.
6. On USB Medium, select the USB drive you wanted to make as bootable Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk. This will become a bootable virus scanner.
7. Click in Start to begin the process.
8. When the process is complete, it will display a notification message. Your tool to remove "West Yorkshire Police" virus is now ready.
Boot The Computer From The USB Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
9. Since "West Yorkshire Police" virus uses a rootkit Trojan that controls Windows boot functions, we need to reboot the computer and select the newly created Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk as first boot option. On most computers, it will allow you to enter the boot menu and select which device or drives you wanted to start the PC. Refer to your computer manual.
10. If you successfully enters the boot menu, choose the USB flash drive. This will boot the system on Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Press any key to enter the menu.
11. If it prompts for desired language, use arrow keys to select and then press Enter on your keyboard.
12. It will display End User License Agreement. You need to accept this term to be able to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. Press 1 to accept.
13. The tool will prompt for various start-up methods. We highly encourage you to choose Kaspersky Rescue Disk Graphic Mode.
Remove "West Yorkshire Police" virus Using Windows Unlocker
14. Once the tool is running, you need to run WindowsUnlocker in order to delete registry that belongs to "West Yorkshire Police" virus. On start menu located at bottom right corner of your screen, select the K icon or select WindowsUnlocker if it is present on the Menu.
15. Select Terminal from the list. A command prompt will open.
16. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
17. From the selection, choose 1 - Unlock Windows to remove "West Yorkshire Police" virus. Use up/down arrow on keyboard to select and press Enter.
18. This utility will start removing any components that blocking you from accessing the computer. It will display a log file containing actions performed on the infected computer like deleted infected file and removed registry entries.
19. After removing components of "West Yorkshire Police" virus. You need to scan the system using the same tool. On start menu, select Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
20. Be sure to update the program by going to My Update Center tab. Click on Start update.
21. After the update, go to Object Scan tab and thoroughly scan the computer to locate other files that belong to "West Yorkshire Police" virus.
22. Restart the computer normally when done.
Alternative Removal Method for West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before West Yorkshire Police – Ukash Virus infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.