Win 7 Internet Security 2011
Uninstalling the rogue program ‘Win 7 Internet Security 2011’ requires an effective anti-malware tool. You can find a quick removal guide on this page and a useful tool to instantly delete this malware.
Win 7 Internet Security 2011 is believed to be a member of the rogue anti-virus program family. It is observed that is Trojan utilized to spread the software to computers connected to Internet. Win 7 Internet Security 2011 virus may enter the computer freely by spotting security weaknesses. It can install itself without the need for user’s interaction. After acquiring a place on the system, Win 7 Internet Security 2011 causes several annoyances including frequent display of forged warning messages attempting to make users believe of transpiring infections on computer. Fake virus scan conceive by the same product also claims that system files were infected and propose for instant removal.
Before any of the classified threats can be taken out from the system, Win 7 Internet Security 2011 notifies users to obtain the registered version first. This is carried out in the form of pop-ups and task bar alerts. Additionally, Internet browsers is redirected to an online payment processing web site that force users to give out credit card data to purchase full version of this rogue tool.
Remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011 and other computer threats and virus only with a legitimate application. Having a paid version of useless program will not help resolve computer issues.
Screens Image of Win 7 Internet Security 2011:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011
Step 1 : Activating Win 7 Internet Security 2011
The malware will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011 is now possible. Use the registration code below. If it prompts for email address, you can input any email address.REGISTRATION CODE: 1147-175591-6550
Step 2 : Scan the computer with recommended removal tool
1. First thing you should do is reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Win 7 Internet Security 2011 from loading at start-up.
To start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking, please do the following:
a. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
b. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
c. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
d. Windows will now start in Safe Mode and at the same time will load necessary drivers so that you can access the Internet.
2. Download the Removal Tool and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finished downloading, locate and double-click on the file to install the application. Windows' User Account Control will prompt at this point, please click Yes to continue installing the program.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompted to update the program before doing a scan. Please download needed update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. Scanning may take a while. When done, click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Win 7 Internet Security 2011.
10. Finally, restart your computer.
Note: If Win 7 Internet Security 2011 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Step 3 : Ensure that no more files of Win 7 Internet Security 2011 are left inside the computer
1. Click on the button below to download Norton Power Eraser from official web site. Save it to your desktop or any location of your choice.
4. Once the file is downloaded, navigate its location and double-click on the icon (NPE.exe) to launch the program.
5. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept.
6. On NPE main window, click on Advanced. We will attempt to remove Win 7 Internet Security 2011 components without restarting the computer.
9. On next window, select System Scan and click on Scan now to perform standard scan on your computer.
10. NPE will proceed with the scan. It will search for Trojans, viruses, and malware like Win 7 Internet Security 2011. This may take some time, depending on the number of files currently stored on the computer.
11. When scan is complete. All detected risks are listed. Remove them and restart Windows if necessary.
Step 4 : Remove the Rootkit Trojan that installs Win 7 Internet Security 2011
Rootkit Remover is a stand-alone utility developed by McAfee. It can be used to detect and remove rootkit Trojan that is associated with Win 7 Internet Security 2011. This tool can detect rootkit that is part of ZeroAccess and TDSS family.
1. Download Rootkit Remover and save it to your desktop or any accessible location. Click the button below to begin download the tool.
2. Locate the file rootkitremover.exe and double-click to run the program.
3. When User Account Control prompts if you want to allow the program to make changes on the computer, please click Yes.
4. Rootkit Remover instantly scans the computer and look for presence of Trojans, viruses, and rootkit that is related to Win 7 Internet Security 2011 .
5. Once it finishes scanning the computer, the tool will require you to restart Windows.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Win 7 Internet Security 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Win 7 Internet Security 2011 drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Win 7 Internet Security 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Win 7 Internet Security 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Win 7 Internet Security 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Win 7 Internet Security 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be saved automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Thoroughly scan the computer with your updated antivirus software.
4. Delete all files dropped by Win 7 Internet Security 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:
File Location for Windows Versions:Added Registry Entries:
- %UserProfile% for Vista/7 user is C:\Users\<Current User> for Windows Vista/7, for Windows XP/2000 this is C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>.
Did Win 7 Internet Security 2011 blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To fix Internet connection problem, follow these steps:
1. Download the free program called MiniToolBox. Click the button below to begin. Save the file on your hard drive or preferably in your Desktop.
2. Close all running Internet browser and double-click on the file to run. It opens a window showing a list of features.
3. Make sure that you have a check mark on the following items : Flush DNS, Reset IE Proxy Settings, and Reset FF Proxy Settings.
4. Click on the GO button to start the process. The program automatically closes and displays a text file for your reference.
5. If the above solution does not work, you may try other method like fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Also, make sure that your hosts file is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.