“Windows Advanced Security Center” is a fake antivirus program. On some PC, this will show up as a pop-up message that will give false information regarding computer’s status. However, most of the time, Windows Advanced Security Center is built-in to a rogue program. It will serve as a scanner that mimics the real Windows Security Center.
Malware that are linked to this fake security software has got into the system for a huge number of computers worldwide. Users who keep their trust on the ability of Windows Advanced Security Center ended up with more troubles with their systems. That is because the tool is a real fraud in all aspects. Thus, we always warn computer users like you to avoid committing the same fault as what other did. Keep away from this unsafe software. It will not cause anything worthy for your computer no matter how valid it may appear to you.
Once you see a presence of fake Windows Advanced Security Center, which image appears below, immediately run an antivirus scan. It is also safer if you could disconnect the computer from the Internet to avoid downloading of more threats. This malware intends t link your computer to a distant server to fetch more harmful files. Use the guide on this page to remove Windows Advanced Security Center.
Image below is a fake Windows Advanced Security Center pop-up. This alert will contain a fake message.
Windows Advanced Security Center
Hep protect your PC
The system is not able to start its work properly. There is a system check needed, that will speed up its functionality. This check and tune-up is now in progress. To fix the problem please register your copy of antivirus software.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Windows Advanced Security Center
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid "Windows Advanced Security Center" from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
"Windows Advanced Security Center" Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to "Windows Advanced Security Center".
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If "Windows Advanced Security Center" prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.