Windows Antivirus Rampart
You must learn that Windows Antivirus Rampart is rogue software that will ask for payment in order for you to regain control of the computer. Remove this malware using the guide on this page.
Windows Antivirus Rampart is a program that when installed inside a computer will produce insidious acts. It promotes self as a handy tool for removing viruses, in contrary, security experts revealed that this kind of program is part of a rogue software clan. They also publish an advisory that every Internet users should avoid unknown web sites and be cautious when following any links from chat programs and social network site.
Most often, Windows Antivirus Rampart will use a rootkit Trojan to embed its harmful code onto a target computer. The Trojan will look for possible entry point such as browser exploits and security holes. When it sees the opportunity to attack your computer, it will drop Windows Antivirus Rampart and let it run without your knowledge. Because of the rootkit application, it can hide the actions from your antivirus program.
It is too risky to have a copy of Windows Antivirus Rampart inside a system. The malware may reveal your sensitive data to a remote attacker. It can also record your Internet browsing habit and see the web sites you visit more often. Windows Antivirus Rampart infection may also swindle you and steal money from your credit card. This fake software can do more harm than you could imagine. Here is some basis why it was included in the fake antivirus list.
- Trojan is utilized to spread the software
- It does not have modules to protect a computer
- The program does not have database and essential files to perform virus detection removal
- It provides fake security alert messages
- It prevents your real antivirus program from running
- Windows Antivirus Rampart block access to internet, particularly traffic to legitimate security web sites
If you observe any symptoms that computer is infected with this malware, the first thing you should remember is not to obey its prompts. Then, follow the guide on this page to eliminate Windows Antivirus Rampart and all the things that it puts inside your computer.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Antivirus Rampart
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Antivirus Rampart from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Antivirus Rampart Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Antivirus Rampart.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Antivirus Rampart prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Antivirus Rampart
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Antivirus Rampart enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Antivirus Rampart infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Antivirus Rampart manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Antivirus Rampart requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Antivirus Rampart.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Antivirus Rampart files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Antivirus Rampart.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.