Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked
Windows Anytime Upgrade virus will pretend to be a valid alert from windows. It will attempt to persuade computer users by posting ‘Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked’ message on your desktop.
‘Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked’ is considered as virus or ransom program that will attempt to lure users into paying for the penalty through Ukash or Paysafecard method. Prior to that, this computer threat will issue a warning stating that unlicensed software is installed.
Unlike most recent ransom software flooding the Internet, ‘Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked’ do not pretend to be coming from online authorities and law enforcement agencies. This one tricks the user by disguising as normal software warning. However, entire operation of the ransom programs’ final part is to demand user to pay a fine in order to regain control of the PC.
Fake Windows Anytime Upgrade usually arrives in the form of a Trojan. Once it enters the system, there are certain changes needed to implement that affects the registry. When completed, the Trojan locks the desktop and shows a warning containing the following message:
Windows Anytime Upgrade
You see this windows because you have software subject to licensing installed on your computer. Or your license has expired.
You see this windows because you have software subject to licensing installed on your computer installed on your computer. Or your license has expired.
On this page, we have provided a solution to remove ‘Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked’ without having to pay via Ukash or Paysafecard. In fact, you do not need to pay any sum at all. Just follow the guide and rest assure that this virus will be gone after the process.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk to Uninstall Windows Anytime Upgrade Virus
Create A Bootable USB Drive
3. Insert a clean USB flash drive to available slot. To record the ISO file and create a bootable USB drive, double-click on rescue2usb.exe. It will extract the files and create a folder called Kaspersky Rescue2Usb.
4. Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker should run after the extraction. If not browse the Kaspersky Rescue2Usb folder and run the rescue2usb file.
5. From Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker console, click on Browse and locate the file kav_rescue_10.iso.
6. On USB Medium, select the USB drive you wanted to make as bootable Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk. This will become a bootable virus scanner.
7. Click in Start to begin the process.
8. When the process is complete, it will display a notification message. Your tool to remove 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked' is now ready.
Boot The Computer From The USB Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
9. Since 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked' uses a rootkit Trojan that controls Windows boot functions, we need to reboot the computer and select the newly created Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk as first boot option. On most computers, it will allow you to enter the boot menu and select which device or drives you wanted to start the PC. Refer to your computer manual.
10. If you successfully enters the boot menu, choose the USB flash drive. This will boot the system on Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Press any key to enter the menu.
11. If it prompts for desired language, use arrow keys to select and then press Enter on your keyboard.
12. It will display End User License Agreement. You need to accept this term to be able to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. Press 1 to accept.
13. The tool will prompt for various start-up methods. We highly encourage you to choose Kaspersky Rescue Disk Graphic Mode.
Remove 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked' Using Windows Unlocker
14. Once the tool is running, you need to run WindowsUnlocker in order to delete registry that belongs to 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked'. On start menu located at bottom right corner of your screen, select the K icon or select WindowsUnlocker if it is present on the Menu.
15. Select Terminal from the list. A command prompt will open.
16. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
17. From the selection, choose 1 - Unlock Windows to remove 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked'. Use up/down arrow on keyboard to select and press Enter.
18. This utility will start removing any components that blocking you from accessing the computer. It will display a log file containing actions performed on the infected computer like deleted infected file and removed registry entries.
19. After removing components of 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked'. You need to scan the system using the same tool. On start menu, select Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
20. Be sure to update the program by going to My Update Center tab. Click on Start update.
21. After the update, go to Object Scan tab and thoroughly scan the computer to locate other files that belong to 'Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked'.
22. Restart the computer normally when done.
Decrypt files affected by Windows Anytime Upgrade
Execute this step if the ransom program has encrypted some files in your computer. This tool will try to calculate decryption key automatically. On some instances, it will require you to indicate path to at least one affected file. To run the tool, please follow these steps:
1. Download RannohDecryptor from this page. Save the file to any convenient location on your hard drive.
2 . Once downloaded, locate the file. It is RannohDecryptor.exe.
3. Double-click on the file to launch the program. Upon initialization, it checks for needed update, thus Internet connection is required at this point.
4. If you want to delete encrypted files instantly after the tool decrypts it, click on Change parameters. Tick the line that says, “Delete crypted files after decryption”.
Note: We suggest keeping the file for a while just in case something went wrong with the decryption process.
5. Click on Start scan to begin looking for files encrypted by Windows Anytime Upgrade. If it prompts you to locate sample file, kindly browse to appropriate location and submit one encrypted file. The tool will proceed with the scan and automatically encrypts affected files.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Anytime Upgrade – Your computer is blocked infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.