Windows Attacks Preventor
Is Windows Attacks Preventor bothering your computer? You can remove this malicious software using an easy to follow guide and free tool provided on this page.
Windows Attacks Preventor is a security software that has nothing to do but steal money from computer users. It prowls in the web and wait for potential victim that will fall into a trap of visiting infected sites. Aside from that, Windows Attacks Preventor may also take advantage of security breach it can spot on targeted PC. Just after the infection, it will start running a fictitious virus scan, which will show a bunch of identified threats. Nevertheless, this article must serve as a warning to computer users like you. Do not trust Windows Attacks Preventor. It will snatch money from your credit card account, a primary payment scheme if you decide to purchase this useless product.
In spite of all your efforts to stop Windows Attacks Preventor, it persists. Because it was designed to stay intact until you are fully convince to obtain the license key. Actually, it will block all basic tools that are useful in removing malware. Antivirus programs so as your access to legitimate security web sites is not allowed during the presence of Windows Attacks Preventor. While doing a fix, it is also noticeable that some of Windows function as Task Manager and Registry Editor are disabled. In the end, only program left working is Windows Attacks Preventor. At this very moment, it will generate many false alarms and offers an instant cleaning service. Following the advice will lead you to a payment-processing web site where credit card detail is requested for the transaction. When this happens, you will lose money but will never achieve the objective of bring PC to a normal clean state.
Keep in mind that rogue programs are made in one goal, which is to persuade victims so that attackers may profit from this fraud activity. At early stage of Windows Attacks Preventor, immediately download a reliable anti-malware product to stop its actions and eliminate presence of harmful pieces.
Screenshot Image of Windows Attacks Preventor:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Attacks Preventor
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Unload any running Windows Attacks Preventor process by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. This will open Task Manager. Look for the following process and click on End Process.
Protector-(random 3 characters).exe
2. If there is an antivirus program installed, connect to Internet and update it to have the latest database and pattern files.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and clean/delete all infected files. Check if there are remnants of virus-related files, delete if found.
4. Edit Windows registry and delete Windows Attacks Preventor entries. [how to edit registry]
5. Close registry editor, changes will be save automatically.
6. Remove Windows Attacks Preventor start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. System Configuration Utility will open. Go to Startup tab and uncheck these Startup items.
Protector-(random 3 characters).exe
7. Click on Apply and reboot the computer for changes to take effect.
Windows Attacks Preventor Removal ToolFor automatic removal of this malware, please click here to download anti-malware tool. There are instances that Trojan will block the downloading of our recommended tool. On this situation, please download the file from a clean computer. Rename the file before installing it on the infected system.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Attacks Preventor
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Attacks Preventor enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Attacks Preventor infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Attacks Preventor manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Attacks Preventor requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Attacks Preventor.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Attacks Preventor files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Attacks Preventor.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.