Windows Defence also known as Windows Defense is a misleading security application claiming itself as part of a Windows security tool. Windows Defence is a virus, malware, fake or commonly tagged as rogue security software. Program like this will cause several annoyances on the computer and most of the time will lead to a worthless purchase of itself. Typically, this fake software will appear as an endorsed virus removal tool to get rid of detected threats discovered by a fabricated virus scan. Among other method to convince users is to pop-up continuous warning messages stating that computer is severely infected.
Repeatedly, it will give instructions to purchase Windows Defence and will never stop bugging until you shelled-out $79.50 for the registered version. If you do, you have just mistakenly obtain a program that has no capability to protect a computer and remove a virus infections. Furthermore, it will continue to displease you with the same activity and its too late to realized that you have just been scammed. For your own protection, install a legitimate anti-malware application that will block these type of computer irregularities.
Windows Defence Screen Shot:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Windows Defence Removal Procedures
1. Download and install SuperAntiSpyware
2. After installation, update it.
3. Reboot your computer in SafeMode
– During bootup press F8 on keyboard until selections appears
– Select “SafeMode”
4. Click SUPERAntiSpyware icon to start
5. On the Main Menu, click Scan your Computer…
6. Scan Location. Select c:\Fixed Drive
7. On right side of the window, select Perform Complete Scan, then click Next
8. Scanning will take some time.
9. When scanning is done it will display Scan Summary
10. On scanning Window, items detected are marked check
11. Click Next to remove infected items.
12. It will prompt you to reboot your computer. Click Yes to reboot.
13. After reboot, on the Main Menu click “Manage Quarantine”
14. Click the items that were quarantined and click Remove.
15. Close the Window to exit SuperAntiSpyware.
Windows Defence Removal Tool:
In order to completely remove the threat, click here to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Sometimes, Trojans will block the downloading and installation of MBAM. If this happens, download it from a clean computer and rename the executable file before executing on the infected machine.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus application is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner that can be found here or on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.