Windows Home Patron
Windows Home Patron is a must-removed program. It will disguise as antivirus software but in reality, it is a virus that will steal funds from your credit card.
Windows Home Patron is a fake antivirus program that will try to extort money from user who is illiterate to security. This malware comes from a very large group of rogue program family that has a clear intention of online robbery. Windows Home Patron targets PC users who are not so informed with this type of illegal acts. These people are the ones who can easily fall as victim to this online fraud.
Studies shows that rogue program typically transmit via fake online virus scanner. Anyone can easily recognize this type of web site. Upon your visit, it will launch a virus scan without an intervention. This automated scan will provide you with fake scan result. Lastly, the site suggests immediate removal of identified threats and asks you to download the install a fake antivirus software. Therefore, to keep away from malware like Windows Home Patron, you must ignore fake online virus scanner. If there is a chance that your browser is redirected to this kind of web sites, immediately cease your connection.
You must know that once you install Windows Home Patron on your computer, the result is devastating. This fake program will annoy you by issuing many fake warnings and alerts. It will also disrupt your operation by launching a virus scan on its own, extensively reducing PC’s performance. There are also reports that the threat hides all files and folders on the compromised computer, leaving only icon and executable for Windows Home Patron.
After learning the result of being infected with this malware, avoiding it with the help of legitimate anti-malware program is all we can suggest. If by chance that it has infiltrated the computer, remove it immediately by downloading our recommended tool. Follow the guide on this page to uninstall Windows Home Patron easily.
Also Detected As:
TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2, Trojan.Malware.Obscu.Gen.002, Win32/Kryptik.AIMY, W32/FakeAlert.CVKM, Troj/FakeAV-FVC
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Home Patron
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Home Patron from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Home Patron Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Home Patron.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Home Patron prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Home Patron
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Home Patron enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Home Patron infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Home Patron manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Home Patron requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Home Patron.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Home Patron files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Home Patron.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.