Windows Instant Scanner
This page contains description and removal guide for Windows Instant Scanner. You must take off this malware from the computer at once.
Windows Instant Scanner is another version of malware coming from a group that produces the same kind of threat for day-to-day operation. There are already hundreds of these malware suits in the same graphical interface all over the web. In fact, they already infected huge number of computer users worldwide. For this reason, you should take extra caution when using the Internet.
Most of the time, malware like Windows Instant Scanner is hosted on web site that hides under the guise of online virus scanner. It will inspect visitor’s computer and declare that it is infected with viruses. At that point, it pushes for the download of Windows Instant Scanner, stating that it can help heal the ailing system. What lies behind this misinform campaign is the malware’s intention to get itself installed on victim’s PC. Because once it gains an access through this trick, it can hold the computer as hostage.
Computer user can install Windows Instant Scanner with ease, but will have difficulty in removing it once they discover that it is rogue. The malware plans to dwell inside the affected computer until such time that user have purchased the licensed code. Without this code, the threat will always bring distraction to PC’s operation.
To stop the hassle brought about by the malware, immediately run a scan using legal security programs. You can follow the guide on this page to remove Windows Instant Scanner and bring back the computer to its normal state.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Instant Scanner
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Instant Scanner from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Instant Scanner Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Instant Scanner.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Instant Scanner prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Instant Scanner
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Instant Scanner enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Instant Scanner infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Instant Scanner manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Instant Scanner requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Instant Scanner.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Instant Scanner files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Instant Scanner.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.