Windows Maintenance Guard
In order to remove Windows Maintenance Guard virus from an infected computer, you must run a scan using genuine anti-malware program.
Windows Maintenance Guard is a program that has nothing to prove when protecting a computer against virus attack. It may have been endorsed as security software but its components confirm that it is incapable of doing the job. The rogue program does not have a pattern files or modules that can be found on typical antivirus programs. Thus, we attest to the truth that Windows Maintenance Guard is illegal software.
Malware authors release this program with sole objective of gaining a profit through this online wrongdoing. They want to steal your money by making you believe that computer is infected and Windows Maintenance Guard is the sole solution. Once you fall into this trick, you may end up buying the useless software.
This rogue program may enter your computer while you are at the comfort of browsing the Internet. It maybe unknown to you that web site you are viewing is tainted with Trojans that was created to spread Windows Maintenance Guard. When you accidentally bumped into these dangerous site, there is a high probability that computer will suffer from malware’s disturbing routine. One such disorder it may bring is constant redirection of browser to unknown web site. You may also see so many appearances of pop-up alerts that show false-positive findings.
If your PC is enduring the trouble cause by Windows Maintenance Guard, simply follow the removal procedures below. We made this systematic solution to make it sure that every file and registry entries dropped by the malware will be eliminated from the infected system.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Maintenance Guard
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Maintenance Guard from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Maintenance Guard Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Maintenance Guard.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Maintenance Guard prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Maintenance Guard
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Maintenance Guard enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Maintenance Guard infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Maintenance Guard manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Maintenance Guard requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Maintenance Guard.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Maintenance Guard files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Maintenance Guard.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.