Windows Pro Scanner
Do not fall into Windows Pro Scanner fraud activities. This malicious software will deceive you by producing fake virus scan results and detecting viruses that do not exist. Remove Windows Pro Scanner using the guide on this page.
Windows Pro Scanner may deceive computer users with an appealing title but security web site such as ours will continue to track and report illegal activities from software like this. Indeed, Windows Pro Scanner is a misleading security program from the same group who brought in Windows Smart Partner and Windows Protection Master.
Above mentioned rogue products shares the same skin and uses a variety of title for each variant. In an effort to brag its claim in protecting the PC, this fake antivirus frequently integrates Windows on its name. To make it clear, and probably to warn you at this early stage, Windows Pro Scanner is not in any way connected to Microsoft Windows. Its deceptive tactic is purely for publicity stunt. Authors behind this fake security software will attempt to sway users into accepting the product as the essential tool to fix safety issues.
In the first place, errors or problems that will occur on the system including several virus infections are cause solely by the fake antivirus itself – Windows Pro Scanner. At the first phase of the infection, the fake software will drop a number of files inside victim’s computer. Later, when it proceeds with the virus scan, it declares the same file as malicious and needs immediate removal. This exaggeration effort commonly leads to the purchase of Windows Pro Scanner for some users who are unaware of the activity.
Be aware of Windows Pro Scanner, its techniques and infiltration prowess. It may arrive on your PC uninvited. Fake security web sites, malicious web pages, and spam email messages are just some of the conduction method to spread itself. Another observation shows that Windows Pro Scanner will make use of a Trojan that is skilled in computer intrusions via various security breaches found on victim’s PC.
There is no safer means to obstruct this malware intrusion other than maintaining all software in an updated version. Shielding the computer with valuable anti-malware product also helps reduce security risks and blocks harmful Internet traffic where malware comes from.
Screenshot Image of Windows Pro Scanner:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Pro Scanner
Restore Windows Components
If this virus enters your system, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If you have a saved restore point before this virus infiltrates the computer, please restore Windows to previous settings.
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Windows Pro Scanner". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Windows Pro Scanner.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Windows Pro Scanner. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program.
- (Windows 2000/XP) Go to Start > Run, type "regedit" on dialog box then press Enter on keyboard.
- (Windows Vista/7) Go to Start > Search Program and Files, type "regedit" and press Enter.
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Windows Pro Scanner start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Windows Pro Scanner Removal Tool
In order to remove the threat completely, you need to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This is a free malware removal tool. If Trojan infection blocks the downloading of this program, get it using a clean computer. Rename the executable file before executing on the infected PC.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Pro Scanner
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Pro Scanner enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Pro Scanner infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Pro Scanner manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Pro Scanner requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Pro Scanner.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Pro Scanner files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Pro Scanner.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.