Windows Proactive Safety
Windows Proactive Safety is a misleading security program that may get inside the computer without the authority of user. It may utilize various software faults to find a weak spot and penetrate a system. Once it is inside, it will carry various changes in order to start the rogue program when user log-on to Windows. Moreover, it will download several files on various locations. Some of these files are made hidden so that user may have difficult time in removing them. Other modules are set inside Windows system folder and pose as legitimate Windows files.
The goals of rogue programs are alike. First, Windows Proactive Safety tries to frightened computer user with a bunch of pop-up alerts. It is also supported by virus scan that will identify a number of threats inside the PC. Although these threats do not exist, authors behind this attack manage to make user believe that system is infected. This is why so many have paid for the full version of Windows Proactive Safety.
You should never obtain a program that has no other means but to play tricks. In fact, every computer users should ignore it. If in case, it gets a chance to invade your PC, immediately run a scan using real anti-malware program.
Screenshot Image of Windows Proactive Safety :
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Windows Proactive Safety
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Proactive Safety from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Proactive Safety Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Proactive Safety.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Proactive Safety prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Proactive Safety
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Proactive Safety enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Proactive Safety infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.