Windows Profound Security
The guide on this page can help you remove Windows Profound Security. You need to uninstall this malware from the computer to avoid further damage it may cause.
Windows Profound Security is software that you may want to avoid. It will disguise as valid antivirus program but in reality, it is another malware in disguise. This threat arises from a large rogue software family that releases new variants each day. Prior to this new one, a copy of Windows Expert Series has been visible for fast few days.
Although malware authors label each version with different names, the core part of the rogue software remains the same. It has hollow components and zero databases unlike legitimate antivirus program. For this matter, never expect that Windows Profound Security can protect your computer from virus attacks. It may not be able to remove presence of threats because it is not equipped for these tasks. What Windows Profound Security can only do is to provide fake security alerts and warnings. It main objective is to trick you with frightening messages so that you may decide to buy the full version of Windows Profound Security.
If there is a threat that you must get rid off from the computer, then it is no other than Windows Profound Security itself. This rogue security program may accomplish dangerous tasks inside your system if not removed at once. Read the procedure on this page to uninstall the malware without having to pay for the serial key.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Profound Security
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Profound Security from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Profound Security Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Profound Security.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Profound Security prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Profound Security
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Profound Security enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Profound Security infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Profound Security manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Profound Security requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Profound Security.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Profound Security files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Profound Security.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.