Windows ProSecurity Scanner
To remove Windows ProSecurity Scanner from an infected computer, follow the removal procedure on this page. Download our free recommended tool to completely uninstall this malware at once.
A new computer threat has emerged and it is called Windows ProSecurity Scanner. Internet user can catch this virus when visiting compromised web sites. Another haven for this malware is file-sharing network, which seems to have lesser security. Be careful when browsing the web or downloading files from different servers.
Do not be certain that once you have an installed anti-virus program, you will never fall a victim to Windows Pro Security Scanner. Developers of this malicious software have discovered how they can bypass your anti-virus programs. Merely, they will try to spot first what are your PC’s weak spot like outdated programs or security breach in the browser. After figuring out, Windows ProSecurity Scanner will enter your computer without being caught by the anti-virus. In fact, the malware may even disable your AV software.
Once that Windows ProSecurity Scanner gain a place inside the computer, it will start dirty tricks to deceive you. Eventually, you will receive a lot of system tray alerts and warning signs. To persuade you more, Windows ProSecurity Scanner will showcase a virus scan that quickly identify a number of threats. No other valid security program can complete a scan so swiftly. That alone indicates that the process is fake. Threats detected by Windows ProSecurity Scanner are fictitious and do not exists in your PC at all.
After giving you some preview and details about Windows ProSecurity Scanner, we hope that you are already warned of its harm. Do not let malware like this to fool you into considering their product. All you need to do when there is a presence of Windows ProSecurity Scanner is to delete it at once. Use the guide below to eliminate this virus instantly.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows ProSecurity Scanner
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows ProSecurity Scanner from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows ProSecurity Scanner Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows ProSecurity Scanner.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows ProSecurity Scanner prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows ProSecurity Scanner
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows ProSecurity Scanner enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows ProSecurity Scanner infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows ProSecurity Scanner manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows ProSecurity Scanner requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows ProSecurity Scanner.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows ProSecurity Scanner files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows ProSecurity Scanner.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.