Windows Protection Master
Do not trust a program called Windows Protection Master. It is unsafe and may endanger the computer when installed. To remove this rogue software, follow the guide on this page and use only trusted anti-malware program.
Windows Protection Master is another addition to the list of programs you should not trust. It came from a large family of rogue anti-virus programs. Expect that this program will enter your computer without asking for permission. Trojans are commonly associated with the operation to spread this thing and drop on systems with weak protection. Other ways to set Windows Protection Master is through security loopholes that Trojan might discover on vulnerable systems. Author behind this product also uses web sites. They are capable to infect legitimate web sites wherein a script is injected to generate a drive-by-download scheme. This process will download and install Windows Protection Master on visitor’s computer automatically.
When the fake security program is already inside the computer, it will edit system settings. It can assign a registry entry to run execute self on every Windows start-up. After completing this process, expect a full scan virus scan from Windows Protection Master every time a PC starts. The rogue software may also configure Internet browser to start with a different homepage. The threat may also affect your browsing by redirecting most of your queries to unknown location. Moreover, it will block access to every valid security web sites and prevent you from obtaining a tool necessary to combat this rogue software.
The real, sure way to delete Windows Protection Master is somehow complicated. There is no add/remove entry for this. You cannot remove the malware with a single click just as any software installed on the computer. To make things easier, we compile a procedure to remove Windows Protection Master. You can find it below.
Screenshot Image of Windows Protection Master:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Protection Master
Restore Windows ComponentsIf this virus enters your system, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If you have a saved restore point before this virus infiltrates the computer, please restore Windows to previous settings.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Protection Master from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure, as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer.
8. When scanning is finished, click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belong to Windows Protection Master.
10. Restart your computer.
Note:If you cannot download the program due to malware activities, get the software from another computer. Then, rename the file to “anything.exe” to elude the malware.
Use A Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
For complete removal of the virus, carry out a separate scan using different security program. This may catch infected items that evade your previous scan. Download and run SuperAntiSpyware Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Protection Master
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Protection Master enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Protection Master infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Protection Master manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Protection Master requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Protection Master.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Protection Master files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Protection Master.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:
Note: Inspector-dfw.exe is the main executable file. The "dfw" in the file name may consist of any random characters.Added Registry Entries: