You need to remove Windows Restore virus from an infected computer immediately. Included on this page is “Windows Restore” removal tool and procedure.
Windows Restore virus is another type of rogue hard drive utility application that utilizes proficiency of Trojan towards infecting the system unobserved even with security programs in place. Windows Restore virus can penetrate a computer without being detected while facilitating sophisticated rootkit technology. Once contained on victim’s computer, it will start to generate excessive alert messages exerting all efforts to induce users about occurrences of system errors. In addition, automatic virus scan is launched each time Windows is started to deceive users that numerous executable files are damaged. Similar to rightful optimization program, Windows Restore will advise to fix these errors. The only hint that Windows Restore is a scam application is when it begins to force users into paying for the registered version before any fix can be completed on the system.
Disregard Windows Restore together with all of the warnings and prompts presented. A single click on any of those buttons may lead to harmful consequences. The best approach for this scenario is to download and execute effective security solution that does not only remove Windows Restore but also watch over for imminent attack.
If presence of Windows Restore is uncovered, immediately run a full scan of suggested anti-malware program. Ensure that latest database is stored to fully identify malevolent files that are connected to Windows Restore.
Screen Shot Image:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Windows Restore
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Windows Restore". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Windows Restore Virus.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Windows Restore. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Windows Restore start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Windows Restore Virus Removal ToolFor not so technical users that cannot comprehend with the manual removal. This automatic detection and cleaner is recommended. However, you need to download and install a tool to complete this process. The tool is free to download. We highly advise the use of this program to automatically delete all files and registry entries created by Windows Restore. Remember that erasing system files required by the operating system may cause erratic behavior. It may also lead to system malfunction. Proceed with Windows Restore automatic removal.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Restore
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Restore enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Restore infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Restore manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Restore requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Restore.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Restore files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Restore.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.