Windows Safety Checkpoint
To remove Windows Safety Checkpoint from the infected computer, we will require you to download a good anti-malware tool. Using anti-virus software alone is not enough to take out the malware from your PC.
Windows Safety Checkpoint is another computer pest that will pretend as reliable software. We keep on discovering new malware daily and we will post every detail of it on this web site. It must serve as a warning to our visitors so that they may avoid bad programs as we continue to post them here.
As mentioned, Windows Safety Checkpoint is tagged as one of the bad programs. So if there is a chance that you bump into this malware, better ignore it and never execute any prompts of links it may show you. Always be aware that harmful software such as Windows Safety Checkpoint will aim to steal money from your credit card account. First, it will pretend as if it cares for your PC. As part of its deceptive tactic, the malware will show a fake Windows Advanced Security Center. Then it will scan for threats, which it can quickly identify. Lastly, it will advise that you must remove the threats by using the paid version of Windows Safety Checkpoint.
As you may have notice, Windows Safety Checkpoint shows you fabricated scenes in order to persuade you to obtain the product. However, even if you get the full version, threats will remain inside the computer because malware are not meant to help you get rid of threats. In truth, it is no other than Windows Safety Checkpoint itself that you must take off from the PC. Removing this will only require you a descent anti-malware program and a lot of patience.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Safety Checkpoint
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Safety Checkpoint from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Safety Checkpoint Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program here and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Safety Checkpoint.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Safety Checkpoint prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Safety Checkpoint
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Safety Checkpoint enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Safety Checkpoint infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Safety Checkpoint manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Safety Checkpoint requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Safety Checkpoint.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Safety Checkpoint files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Safety Checkpoint.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.