Windows Secure Workstation
To remove Windows Secure Workstation from an infected computer, you need to scan it with genuine security software. Anti-malware program is most suggested to delete the malware instantly.
Windows Secure Workstation is a malware that has a primary purpose of stealing money from victims in an illicit approach. The fact that it is put in the list of rogue program, no more computer user should be fooled to accept it. Because when Windows Secure Workstation is installed on the PC, there will be massive changes not only to system but also to computer’s operation in general.
When the infected computer starts, Windows Secure Workstation will run a scan even without user’s intervention. From this scan, dozens of identified threats will begin to show up. Do not be afraid of this detection. It is false and only bare that Windows Secure Workstation is using a scare tactics similar to other rogue product. Aside from the bogus scan, this threat also presents repeated warning and notices. It entice victim to remove the threat using the paid version of Windows Secure Workstation.
Despite of having an antivirus software installed, Windows Secure Workstation manages to sneak-in to the system due to lack of security. We are not only talking of antivirus, anti-malware, or firewall here, updated software also counts to make the system more secured. Thus, it is vital that user applies most recent service pack and essential update for Windows operating system.
If in case that Windows Secure Workstation is presently attacking your computer, navigate to the removal section on this page. We have guidelines and essential tool to help you uninstall the rogue program.
Screenshot Image of Windows Secure Workstation:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Windows Secure Workstation
Activating Windows Secure Workstation
Windows Secure Workstation will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Activation Code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove Windows Secure Workstation is now possible.
Windows Secure Workstation Manual Removal Procedure
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Secure Workstation.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for the following files and click End Task.
Protector-(random 3 characters).exe
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete the following:
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please Update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Secure Workstation.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Associated Files and Folders.'
Windows Secure Workstation Removal ToolFor automatic removal of this malware, please click here to download anti-malware tool. There are instances that Trojan will block the downloading of our recommended tool. On this situation, please download the file from a clean computer. Rename the file before installing it on the infected system.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Secure Workstation
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Secure Workstation enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Secure Workstation infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.