Windows Security 2011
Windows Security 2011 is identified as another rogue program that can expand its fraud operations via the Internet. In fact, a Trojan is active to drop Windows Security 2011 onto victim’s computer without their knowledge. In addition, an instance that this fake AV software can be acquired by visiting infected web sites hosting an installation files for Windows Security 2011. These web sites will pretend as an online virus scanner, instantly download, and install itself right after the scan result is posted. Malware authors are also using spam email messages and instant messaging programs to spread these potentially unwanted programs.
When Windows Security 2011 is installed on the computer, it can provide an enormous pop-up alerts and warning messages that are actually false. The malware may also make major changes on your system’s registry so that it will load each time Windows starts. Expect that Windows Security 2011 will initiate a virus scan on its own each time you boot the computer in Windows operating system. Next, it will detect a number of threats that needs instant removal but only can be carried out if you already paid for the registered version. If the fake software remains in trial version, it will prevent execution of any installed software and declare them as infected with virus. Windows Security 2011 will force you to pay for the licensed version of the program in any way it could.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Security 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Windows Security 2011". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Windows Security 2011 Virus.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Windows Security 2011. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Windows Security 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Windows Security 2011 Virus Removal Tool
1. In order to completely remove Windows Security 2011, it is best to download and run removal software and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as “default” only
4. If it prompts to update the database after installation, please proceed.
5. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly. 7. When scanning is finished, click on the button Show Results.
8. Make sure that all items have check mark, click on Remove Selected. This will remove Windows Security 2011 files and registry entries.
9. Restart the computer.
Using Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
To thoroughly remove the virus, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected by anti-virus application can be remove as well. Click here to download and run SAS Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Security 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Security 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Security 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Security 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Security 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Security 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Security 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Security 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.