Windows Security Suite
Windows Security Suite is a fake protection software created in the tradition of rogue security programs. Meaning, this piece of rogue application will never protect a computer nor delete any threats because it does not contain any executable files designed for this purpose. One thing we are sure of is that Windows Security Suite can will to pretend like an ordinary antivirus program and scans a computer for viruses. Although it can detect threats but it does not mean that it is comparable to real programs. Windows Security Suite detection are all fabricated and contains false information. This trick is being employed by rogue developers to trick computer users on the status of the computer. With it, they can easily convince victims to obtain the licensed version of the program.
Instead of acquiring the licensed version which you perceived as the solution, immediately remove Windows Security Suite and all of its components. Do a full scan with a trusted and effective anti-virus and anti-malware programs. Disconnecting a computer from the Internet may also serve another purpose. This will prevent the Trojan to connect to a remote hosts and download additional harmful files.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Windows Security Suite Removal Procedures
Windows Security Suite Removal Tool:
In order to completely remove the threat, click here to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Sometimes, Trojans will block the downloading and installation of MBAM. If this happens, download it from a clean computer and rename the executable file before executing on the infected machine.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus application is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner that can be found here or on websites of legitimate anti-virus and security provider.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
To be able to persuade users into acquiring the program, Windows Security Suite will continuously display warning information and tool tips that masquerade as Windows legitimate messages.
Tip of the Day
This is very important advise. Please do not hesitate to use it
Real-time malware, spyware and virus protection was not found. Click here to activate.
Unauthorized remote connection!
Your system is making an unauthorized personal data transfer to remote computer!
Warning! Unauthorized personal data transfer is detected! It may be your personal credit card details, logins and passwords, browsing habits or information about files you have downloaded.
Windows Security Suite Process Control
An unidentified program is trying to access system process address space.
Process name: jqs.exe
Location: C:\Program Files\…\jqs.exe
Company Name: Sun Microsystems, Inc…
How to Remove Windows Security Suite
Step 1 : Remove Windows Security Suite with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Windows Security Suite. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Windows Security Suite, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Run a thorough scan to remove Windows Security Suite
1. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
2. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
3. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
4. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
5. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
6. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Windows Security Suite and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
7. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
8. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 3 : Remove Rootkit Trojan that installs Windows Security Suite
Anti-rootkit utility called TDSSKiller is a free tool from Kasperksy that neutralizes complicated malware which effectively hides its process, folders, files and registry entries.
1. Download TDSSKiller and save the file on your desktop or any accessible spot.
2. Extract the contents of downloaded file (tdsskiller.zip) using archiver programs like Winzip or Winrar.
3. Locate the folder where you extracted tdsskiller.zip and double-click the file TDSSKiller.exe to launch the scanner.
4. Once TDSSKiller is open, please mark Services and drivers as well as Boot Sectors. Picking these options ensures that the program will inspect boot sector and system files that are infected with Windows Security Suite. Please refer to attached image.
5. Click on Start Scan button to begin scanning your system. This may take a while. You need to complete this process to make sure that the program detects and delete all components of Windows Security Suite.
6. When scan has finished, you may restart Windows normally. This part of the removal process using TDSSKiller is now complete.
Additional scanner you may run to ensure that Windows Security Suite is totally deleted
To thoroughly remove Windows Security Suite, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Windows Security Suite
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Windows Security Suite drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Did Windows Security Suite blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To fix Internet connection problem, follow these steps:
1. Download the free program called MiniToolBox. Click the button below to begin. Save the file on your hard drive or preferably in your Desktop.
2. Close all running Internet browser and double-click on the file to run. It opens a window showing a list of features.
3. Make sure that you have a check mark on the following items : Flush DNS, Reset IE Proxy Settings, and Reset FF Proxy Settings.
4. Click on the GO button to start the process. The program automatically closes and displays a text file for your reference.
5. If the above solution does not work, you may try other method like fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Make sure that your hosts file is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.
Ways to Prevent Windows Security Suite Infection
Here are some guidelines to help defend your computer from virus attack and malware activities. Being fully protected does not have to be expensive.
Install protection software to block Windows Security Suite and other threats
Having an effective anti-malware program is the best way to guard your computer against malware and threats. Although full version of anti-malware will cost some penny to obtain, it is still worthy to buy one. With real-time scan, it will be safer for you to browse the web, download files, and do more things online.
Keep all programs up to date
It is important to download critical update for installed programs. Software updates includes patches for security flaw that may utilize by an attacker to enter the computer. This flaw may be taken advantage by Windows Security Suite, viruses, and malware to attack the computer. Crucial programs to watch for updates are MS Windows, MS Office, Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat, and Java Runtime.
Activate security features of your Internet browser
SmartScreen Filter, Phishing and Malware Protection, and Block Attack Sites are the respective security features of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Although, it may not fully guard your computer from online attack, at least it can lessen the risk. Enabling these features also helps to secure your private data and avoid identity theft.
Be a responsible Internet user
Antivirus programs and security features of Internet browser facilitates real-time protection and monitors harmful activities online. However, it tends to malfunction for some reasons. Thus, you do not have to be fully dependent on these tools. It is always best to practice safety measures when using the Internet.