Windows Security System
Windows Security System is a counterfeit antivirus program that displays misleading alerts and warning messages. To remove this virus, please follow the procedure on this page and download our suggested tool.
Windows Security System is a renewed fake antivirus program. It is a mimic of previous malware like Security Monitor, Antivirus Studio, Contraviro, and a lot more from the same clan. This kind of program will portray a decent role once installed on the computer. It will pretend as useful security software that is capable of removing viruses as well as protecting the PC. However, the fact that security experts tagged it as rogue, it only means that nobody should trust its deceitful character. Windows Security System may have a pleasant user interface and actually looks very legitimate but what it can run are only fake scans. In the end, it gives fabricated results and imaginary detection of security risks.
To squeeze itself inside the computer without being detected, the malware requires the help of Rootkit Trojan. This specially designed Trojan uses an advance method to conceal its activities while doing harm on victim’s computer. No one, even antivirus software can notice of its actions. Due to this Trojan’s aggressiveness in corrupting genuine Windows file and registry, it can evade detection. More than that, it can drop, install, and control the PC to launch Windows Security System each time Windows starts.
There is no other way to remove Windows Security System other than to use a genuine security product. Just like what we have on the procedures below, scanning the infected computer with effective anti-malware is a big help in getting rid of this threat. Follow the guide to eliminate the malware as well as the Trojan that transport it via the Internet.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Security System
Activating Windows Security System
Windows Security System will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Activation Code: 9YW1-KI7D-V7GG2
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove Windows Security System is now possible.
Windows Security System Automatic Removal Procedure
1. Download Anti-Malware Tool and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
2. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the prompts about update and launch.
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
6. Next thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Security System from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Security System.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Security System prevents downloading of recommended tool. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Security System
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Security System enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Security System infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Security System manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Security System requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Security System.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Security System files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Security System.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.