This page contains systematic guide to remove Windows Ultra-Antivirus from the computer. Follow the guide to uninstall Windows Ultra-Antivirus easily and delete any files and process linked with it.
Windows Ultra-Antivirus is a virus that pretends to be a useful security program. This computer virus hides in a well-made graphical user interface (GUI) to further deceive users. At first glance, you may consider it as worthy software; however, after few interactions with it, you may realize how aggressive it is. Windows Ultra-Antivirus displays excessive pop-up alerts and warnings. It also scans the computer repeatedly without user’s intervention. Above all these, the fact that Windows Ultra-Antivirus gets inside the computer without asking for your permission attest that it is a rogue program.
After completing some tactics to scare you, this malware will suggest for acquisition of the Windows Ultra-Antivirus registration key. You have to buy it online through their payment processor. As usual, it requires credit card from buyer. Some reports reveals that this malware is also involve in identity theft. By using its payment web site, attacker can record credit card credentials and use them on other illicit acts online.
After learning these risks, you should now avoid Windows Ultra-Antivirus at all cost. If you are unlucky enough to catch this malware, remove it at once using genuine security software. Below, you can view our own guide that will help remove Windows Ultra-Antivirus from an infected computer. What so nice about this guide is it never imply long and difficult method to delete the malware.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Windows Ultra-Antivirus
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Windows Ultra-Antivirus from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Windows Ultra-Antivirus Removal Tool
2. Download anti-malware program from this location and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, check prompts that software will run and update on itself.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Windows Ultra-Antivirus.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Windows Ultra-Antivirus prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Windows Ultra-Antivirus
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Windows Ultra-Antivirus enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Windows Ultra-Antivirus infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Windows Ultra-Antivirus manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Windows Ultra-Antivirus requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Windows Ultra-Antivirus.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Windows Ultra-Antivirus files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Windows Ultra-Antivirus.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.