XP AntiSpyware 2011 is a misleading security software. A program aims to trick computer users with fake alerts and warning messages. It may get into the system without users knowledge by means of a Trojan. The Trojan is able to evade your antivirus program with its own sophisticated method. Security experts are calling this skill as rootkit technique.
Coming from the same family as Vista AntiSpyware 2011 and Win 7 AntiSpyware 2011, they share the same design. What separates them from one another is their title. These rogue programs will tweak Windows registry to place itself on the start-up items. To gain full control over the system, XP Anti-Spyware 2011 loads its module right after Windows starts. Once loaded, it has the power to block your software, particularly antivirus program.
Remove XP Anti-Spyware 2011 and if you want to stop any fault from your system. This fake AV software is the culprit for system’s misbehavior. The main objective of rogue software is to provide false data regarding computer’s security status. It will try to force users into obtaining the full version of the program. Showing misleading alerts and fabricated scan results is one tactic it will use to deceive victims. The only way to get rid of XP Anti-Spyware 2011 from the PC is to scan it with real security program. It is best to use anti-malware software as stated below.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Alias: Vista Antispyware 2011, Win 7 Antispyware 2011
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows XP
While XP AntiSpyware 2011 is present on the computer, it will produce too much fake security warnings. This is its own method of pushing user to purchase the licensed version of the software. Some of the fake messages may have these contents:
Your system security is in danger. Privacy threats detected. Spyware, keyloggers or Trojans may be working the background right now. Perform an in-depth scan and removal now, click here.
Infection detected in the background. Your computer is now attacked by spyware and rogue software. Eliminate the infection safely, perform a security scan and deletion now.
Moreover, system tray firewall alert is also used to mislead victims into thinking that PC is under virus attack. It states that Internet browser program is infected with a Trojan. It requires immediate activation of XP AntiSpyware 2011.
How to Remove XP AntiSpyware 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "XP Anti-Spyware 2011". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to XP Anti-Spyware 2011.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by XP Anti-Spyware 2011. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program.
- (Windows 2000/XP) Go to Start > Run, type "regedit" on dialog box then press Enter on keyboard.
- (Windows Vista/7) Go to Start > Search Program and Files, type "regedit" and press Enter.
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of XP Anti-Spyware 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
XP Anti-Spyware 2011 Removal Tool
In order to remove the threat completely, you need to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This is a free malware removal tool. If Trojan infection blocks the downloading of this program, get it using a clean computer. Rename the executable file before executing on the infected PC.
To thoroughly remove the virus, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected by anti-virus application can be remove as well. Download and run AntiSpyware Portable Scanner from this link.
Alternative Removal Method for XP AntiSpyware 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If XP AntiSpyware 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before XP AntiSpyware 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : XP AntiSpyware 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of XP AntiSpyware 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to XP AntiSpyware 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for XP AntiSpyware 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by XP AntiSpyware 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.