XP Anti-Virus 2012
XP Antivirus 2012 is definitely bogus security software that force its way inside target computer in the same manner as Trojans, viruses and worms. Once inside, XP Antivirus 2012 virus will take full jurisdiction and manages to direct operation in general. Usually, fake security application gets loaded onto system in a cheating form of Windows update, multimedia decoder, Adobe Flash update or any similar illusory course of action. Deceived computer users may actually download and install XP Antivirus 2012 in the background while setting-up legitimate software.
Occurrences of XP Antivirus 2012 will be the cause of severe irritation while using the computer. Display of false advertisements is released alternately discovering quite a few of virus infections. Obvious motif for this misleading process is to trick victims and later influence them to procure the paid version of XP Antivirus 2012. Without the registered version, malware is determined to obstruct computer’s operation. The program costs U.S. $80, truly a pricey and useless product. The same retail value is offer for other versions such as Vista Antivirus 2012 and Win 7 Antivirus 2012.
It is crucial to remove XP Antivirus 2012 at an early stage. A possibility to hook up to a remote server is anticipated as the malware is planning to upgrade its module to strengthen the existence. By means of valuable anti-malware software suggested on this page, automatic removal of XP Antivirus 2012 is achievable.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
If XP Anti-Virus 2012 is installed, it will begin to display fake alerts as an scare tactics to mislead victims:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Spyware intrusion detected. Your system is infected. System integrity is at risk. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords. Click here to perform a security repair
Once malware is running on the computer,[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove XP Anti-Virus 2012
Restore Windows Components:If this virus have infected the system, registry and legitimate Windows files are also compromised. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If a restore point was created before you got infected with XP Anti-Virus 2012, please restore Windows to previous configuration.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid XP Anti-Virus 2012 from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to XP Anti-Virus 2012.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If XP Anti-Virus 2012 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for XP Anti-Virus 2012
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If XP Anti-Virus 2012 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before XP Anti-Virus 2012 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : XP Anti-Virus 2012 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of XP Anti-Virus 2012 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to XP Anti-Virus 2012.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for XP Anti-Virus 2012 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by XP Anti-Virus 2012.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.