XP Internet Security 2012
XP Internet Security 2012 is a potentially unwanted program or also known as rogue. Being on the lists of rogue applications is not enough to warn users of its dangers when executed. XP Internet Security 2012 will be dropped on computers by its partner Trojan that uses a rootkit technique to be able to hide its presence from anti-virus program. When inside the computer, it will make necessary changes in favor of XP Internet Security 2012’s illegal operation inside the compromised computer. Its first target was to modify the registry so that it will be included in the start-up process of Windows.
Although XP Internet Security 2012 is endorsed as a legitimate program just like its other variants called Win 7 Internet Security 2012 and Vista Internet Security 2012, their activities once inside the computer is enough to place it in the category of untrusted software. First, it tries to scare users by issuing fake warning messages and alerts. Second, it persuade victims to purchase the licensed version of the program in the promise that it will treat computer issues. Lastly, it disables anti-virus programs so that it won’t be identified as a virus or malware. With its presence, an endless irregularities will be encountered so it must be remove from the system as soon as possible. Use only legitimate and trusted security product to get rid of XP Internet Security 2012 and all of its components hidden inside the system.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
When XP Internet Security 2012 is active on the computer, it will modify Internet browser settings that will result to browser redirection. Author of this malware aims to point user to a malicious web sites and download additional malware. It will also display a barrage of pop-up alerts that may contain messages similar to the following:
Infection detected in the background. Your computer is now attacked by spyware and rogue software. Eliminate the infection safely; perform a security scan and deletion now.
Your system security is in danger. Privacy threats detected. Spyware, key loggers or Trojans may be working the background right now. Perform an in-depth scan and removal now, click here.
Tracking software found!
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing a security scan.
Video Tutorial (XP Internet Security 2012 Removal)
How to Remove XP Internet Security 2012
Restore Windows Components:If this virus have infected the system, registry and legitimate Windows files are also compromised. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If a restore point was created before you got infected with XP Internet Security 2012, please restore Windows to previous configuration.
Activating the Rogue Program
XP Internet Security 2012 will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Activation Code: 3425-814615-3990
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove XP Internet Security 2012 is now possible.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid XP Internet Security 2012 from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to XP Internet Security 2012.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If XP Internet Security 2012 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for XP Internet Security 2012
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If XP Internet Security 2012 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before XP Internet Security 2012 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : XP Internet Security 2012 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of XP Internet Security 2012 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to XP Internet Security 2012.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for XP Internet Security 2012 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by XP Internet Security 2012.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.