XP Security 2012
XP Security 2012 is a rogue program that extends its infection to as many users with the support of fake security web sites. Spreading with the help of Trojan, it targets people who are browsing the Internet more often. It enters the computer in an unusual way and instantly loads a copy of XP Security 2012 without permission. XP Security 2012 installation will begin as soon as all files are complete inside the system. With its rootkit techniques, it able to hide a presence from legitimate security software. Once inside the system, this malicious antivirus modifies system settings and begins to add values on the registry. The same counterfeit AV will engage browser hijacking to redirect search result link to predefined web sites that hosts other threats.
Browser redirection will cause so much danger on victim’s computer. Downloading of additional threats from unfamiliar web sites produces more harm for the end user. At this point, XP Security 2012 sees to it that no hindrance will cross its path. The malware will reduce presence of legitimate security application by ending its processes and deleting required files, enough to make it useless. It issues excessive fake warning and alert messages stating virus infection and virus attack. One sample fake notice follows:
Security alert! Your computer was found to be infected with privacy-threatening software. Private data may get stolen and system damage may be severe. Recover your PC from the infection right now, perform security scan.
On each Windows boot-up, virus scan will detect dozens of fabricated threats. In the end, it advises to purchase XP Security 2012 in order to clean the computer. All the actions and marketing strategies of XP Security 2012 may lead to acquisition of its full version. Ignore it as much as possible. A genuine security program such as anti-virus and anti-malware is applicable to fight rogue software and other sorts of infection. Remove XP Security 2012 and all the components related to it at the earliest possible time.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows XP
While XP Security 2012 is present on the computer, it will prevent execution of any installed application. It will declare that the program is compromised with a Trojan and recommend immediate activation to remove the infection. The message will be as follows:
XP Security 2012 Firewall Alert
XP security 2012 has blocked a program from accessing the Internet.
File.exe is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
Video Tutorial (XP Security 2012 Removal)
How to Remove XP Security 2012
Restore Windows ComponentsIf this virus have infected the system, registry and legitimate Windows files are also compromised. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. If a restore point was created before you got infected with XP Security 2012, please restore Windows to previous configuration.
Activating the Rogue Program
XP Security 2012 will block running of any programs. It also prevents access to Internet particularly anti-virus web sites. Execution of Windows tools like Task Manager, Registry Editor and Control Panel is similarly block by the rogue program. Activating the program using the registration key below will regain access to the mentioned services.
Activation Code: 3425-814615-3990
Once activated, downloading of necessary program to scan and remove XP Security 2012 is now possible.
Automatic Removal Procedure
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid XP Security 2012 from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to XP Security 2012.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If XP Security 2012 prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for XP Security 2012
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If XP Security 2012 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before XP Security 2012 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : XP Security 2012 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of XP Security 2012 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to XP Security 2012.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for XP Security 2012 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by XP Security 2012.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.