XP Security Center 2011
XP Security Center 2011 is a rogue security product that has a sole intention of stealing money from its victims. If your computer is suffering from this threat, just follow the guide on this page to uninstall the rogue program.
XP Security Center 2011 is a misleading security program that claims to be another useful product. In reality, it was made in the sole purpose of stealing money from victim’s credit card account. This threat will use all possible means to persuade user that a full version of the program is vital in resolving computer issues. It will start by showing fake pop-up alerts and warning messages stating possible virus infection. From time-to-time, it will stage a fake local virus scan that detects dozens of threats on your PC. This process by rogue program is employed to ensure that it will be sold after convincing computer user that the system is under attack.
Ignore everything about XP Security Center 2011. The best way to clean the computer against this illegal activity is to download and install genuine anti-malware software. If anti-malware exists on your PC, you need to download the latest database and patterns to make sure that it can detect latest Trojans, viruses and malware threats. Updating your program is a one-click process. Just open your anti-malware and click on the update button. You must delete any detected items, not just ones that are linked to XP Security Center 2011. Other infections may already be residing on your computer that was come bundled with the rogue product. Once done scanning, repeat the process after starting your Windows in Safe Mode.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Other harsh actions by XP Security Center 2011 may not be evident. Aside from fake security warnings and sham virus scan, this object will perform other acts that may result to program malfunction. It can disable your security programs or end any running processes. Moreover, it will block your access to all installed software and declare that the file is at risks. You computer will end up unusable. Some may get it to work but instability will persist as long as XP Security Center 2011 is taking control of the system.
How to Remove XP Security Center 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Stop XP Security Center 2011 process by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. It will open Windows Task Manager. Look for the following and click on End Process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Run a full system scan. You must clean all detected files. If cleaning is not possible, you may delete or quarantine the item.
4. Edit your Windows registry. Find and delete XP Security Center 2011 entries as shown in the registry section. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Remove XP Security Center 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run. Type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. System Configuration Utility will open. Go to Startup tab and remove the check mark on the following items.
7. Click Apply and restart Windows.
XP Security Center 2011 Removal Tool
In order to remove the threat completely, you need to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This is a free malware removal tool. If Trojan infection blocks the downloading of this program, get it using a clean computer. Rename the executable file before executing on the infected PC.
Use A Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
For complete removal of the virus, carry out a separate scan using different security program. This may catch infected items that evade your previous scan. Download and run SAS Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for XP Security Center 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If XP Security Center 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before XP Security Center 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : XP Security Center 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of XP Security Center 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to XP Security Center 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for XP Security Center 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by XP Security Center 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.