Spyware.LocalKeylog is a program that will monitor and logs any activity on the target computer. This spy program was designed to record key strokes to capture sensitive information such as user name and passwords. It is widely available online as a commercial and program.
Spyware.LocalKeylog, with brand name Local Keylogger Pro, requires manual installation to load the program on the PC. The company calls it monitoring software to retrieve activity details on the computer where it is installed. However, some may use it unlawfully to steal sensitive data from other computers. It logs keyboard presses, clipboard data, capture screenshots and launch program remotely.
Once installed, Spyware.LocalKeylog remains hidden inside the PC. Special keyboard combination is used to access the control panel for settings. Gathered data are saved in a specific location that can be send to a remote server or email address. Some antivirus program may not discover Spyware.LocalKeylog or Local Keylogger Pro during scan. It is set to hide the activity by using advanced techniques. However, there are reports that anti-malware or anti-spyware tools may reveal the presence of Spyware.LocalKeylog.
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Screenshot Image of Spyware.LocalKeylog:
How to Remove Spyware.LocalKeylog
Step 1 : Remove Spyware.LocalKeylog with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Spyware.LocalKeylog. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Spyware.LocalKeylog, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Spyware.LocalKeylog
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Spyware.LocalKeylog and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Run Additional Scanner to Ensure that Spyware.LocalKeylog is Totally Deleted
To thoroughly remove Spyware.LocalKeylog, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Spyware.LocalKeylog
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Spyware.LocalKeylog drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Spyware.LocalKeylog manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Spyware.LocalKeylog requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Spyware.LocalKeylog.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Spyware.LocalKeylog files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be saved automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Thoroughly scan the computer with your updated antivirus software.
4. Delete all files dropped by Spyware.LocalKeylog.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Ways to Prevent Spyware.LocalKeylog Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.