Avast! Browser Cleanup – Download and Usage
Recent threats for computer user these days are not just limited to viruses, Trojans, spyware, or malware. Adware , toolbars and search redirects are now becoming problems for people. Antivirus program is not sufficient in blocking these kinds of threats due to the fact that it may arrive with some legitimate programs. Almost every free software that is made available for download contains adware that integrates toolbar and search engine into the browser without seeking for user’s approval. Bundling toolbar and search to the program now part of marketing scheme both for the product vendors and adware makers. No one can stop this activity because it was never illegal nor it violates any laws. In fact, some toolbar makers claim that their browser add-on is somehow useful and were made for user’s comfort.
Recent studied shows that unwanted add-ons like these toolbars put user’s privacy at risks. They are designed to monitor user’s preference and behavior while browsing the web. Gathered data are sold to be used as reference in marketing strategy by some vendors.
About Avast! Browser Cleanup
Some of the toolbars and search redirects are made to stick on the computer. Adware authors designed these programs to hide main component so that user may find it difficult to remove them. With Avast! Browser Cleanup, user is given a ‘one-click’ action to remove or disable unwanted toolbar.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
How to use Avast! Browser Cleanup
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleaup from the following locations and save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
– Softpedia Download Link : http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/avast-Browser-Cleanup.shtml
– SnapFiles Download Link : http://www.snapfiles.com/get/avastbct.html
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive “security warning” from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select affected browser and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
5. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
6. Lastly, Avast Browser Cleaup will display a message “Browser settings have been successfully reset” after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.