Trojan ZeroAccess Removal Tool (ZeroAccess Fix Tool) is specially designed by Symantec to remove variants of rootkit Trojan. It was designed to run on 32-Bit and 64-Bit computers. As of this date (July 2012), it is tested and effective in removing Trojan.Zeroaccess and Trojan.Zeroaccess.B.
ZeroAccess Trojans are difficult to remove from the system because of its capability in injecting its code to legitimate system process and driver files. To effectively remove the Trojan, Trojan ZeroAccess Removal Tool will first terminate the running processes associated with it. Then, it will delete files and other harmful components linked with the Trojan. Lastly, the tool will remove the hidden hard drive partition if it was detected on the computer.
This is a very effective tool. However, on some instances, it may not be able to repair or replace a compromised driver file. If this tool prompts that some files requires manual restoration, kindly proceed to specific area for complete guide.
About Trojan ZeroAcess Tool
Operating System: Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7
Download Link: click Here to begin download
How to Use ZeroAccess Fix Tool
1. Download the file FixZeroAccess.exe from the download link above. Save the file to accessible location like Windows desktop. You can save it on any folder of your choice as long as it can be easily found.
2. Close all open programs. Make sure that no other software is running except from this tool to avoid any conflicts.
3. Temporarily Disable System Restore if your operating system is Windows XP. [how to]
4. Browse for the location of the file you have just downloaded. The file is FixZeroAccess.exe with the following icon.
5. Double-click on the file to run it. If it prompts for a security warning and ask if you want to run the file, please choose Run. It is important that you have an administrative privilege in order to execute the file. If you are running Trojan ZeroAccess Removal Tool with Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can right-click on the file and select “Run as Administrator” from the list.
6. It will open a ZeroAccess Fix Tool End User License Agreement (EULA). You must accept this license agreement in order to proceed with the removal. Please click I Accept.
7. Next, it will display a message and prepares the computer for restart. Please click on Proceed.
8. When it shows a message about “Restarting System” please click on OK button.
9. After restarting the computer, the tool will display information about the identified threats. Please continue running the tool by following the prompts.
10. When it reaches the final step, the tool will show the scan result containing deleted components of Trojan ZeroAccess.