Trojan.Vundo Removal Tool
Trojan.Vundo is a dangerous Trojan that when executed will download additional threats from a remote server. Trojan.Vundo also displays excessive pop-up advertisements on the affected computer. Usual distribution of Trojan.Vundo includes spam email messages, file-sharing network and malicious web sites.
The Trojan is also known as VirtuMonde, VirtuMundo, and MS Juan. Its Trojan’s main objective is to display advertisement and promote a number of rogue software. Trojan.Vundo also pop-up fake security alerts to mislead computer users. It sometimes masquerade as a required software update to gain access on target computer.
If you are experiencing symptoms of Trojan.Vundo, immediately scan your computer with this tool. The following removal tool is provided by Symantec. It is designed to remove infections caused by Trojan.Vundo and Trojan.Vundo.B
Threat Removal Procedure:
1. Download Vundo Removal Tool from Symantec website and save it to a desired location.
2. Reboot your computer in Safe Mode. If your computer is on live state, please turn it off. Then, turn it on and proceed with these steps.
a) During BootUp process Press F8 on keyboard continuously until selection appears.
b) Use Arrow Up/Down to select Safe Mode on the selections menu. Safe Mode only loads basic driver and essential files needed to complete this operation.
c) Press Enter on keyboard to proceed.
d) When Windows starts, you will see a typical login screen. Please login with your Administrator account.
3. On Windows Safe Mode desktop, close any running applications if there are any to avoid conflict with the tool.
4. Locate the file that you just downloaded. Double-click the FixVundo.exe file to start the removal tool.
5. It requires an administrator account to execute the program.
6. Click Start to begin the process. Allow the tool to run and perform a complete scan of your system.
7. It will automatically delete all Vundo infections found on the computer. The scan may take a while. Please be patient.