How to Disable or Enable System Restore on Windows Me
Information provided on this page is How to disable System Restore on Windows ME and prevent the viruses on infected data from being restored. System Restore is part of Windows ME, which was by default is turned on during the installation process. Turning Off system restore may remove previous restore points so it is advised to do this if there are no used of your previous restore points.
1. On the Desktop, Right Click on My Computer
2. Select the System Properties
3. On Performance Tab, Click File System in Advanced Settings at the bottom.
4. On Troubleshooting Tab, Mark Disable System Restore t disable or Unmark to enable.
4. Click OK
5. When asked to Restart Windows, click Yes.
Note: If you turn off System Restore for troubleshooting purposes such as Virus removal, don’t forget to turn it on again again after the removal process. You must create new restore points once you turn System Restore back on.