How to Restore Windows Desktop Icons
Some virus and malware can disable and remove desktop icons on infected computer. Even though the threat was removed, icons will still be missing from desktop because virus removal software is limited only in removing the infection.
Below, you will find step-by-step guide in restoring your Windows Desktop Icons.
1. Go to Start > Run and type regedit on the field
2. On left pane, right-click on My Computer, then Export
3. On Export Registry File, select “All” at the bootm to include all entries
4. Save the file and this will be your Registry Backup. Take note on the location of the file.
Restoring Desktop Icons
1. Download the script from Kellys-corner . Lift Restrictions – TM, Regedit and CMD and save it to your dekstop,
2. After downloading, double click on the file and it will run script to modify registry and restore your default desktop settings.
Note: Some antivirus application may detect and warns of system modification, this is normal because the script was authored to edit the registry.