Internet Access Blocked By Virus – Fix
Viruses, so as malware intentionally blocks infected computer’s Internet access. The main reason is to avoid downloads of any security programs needed to disinfect the system. Blocking Internet access also prevents updating of installed security software. Outdated antivirus programs may overlook new malware threats. Thus, updating database gives security product new signature files to identify recent threats.
There are several ways on how virus can prevent Internet browsing. Windows hosts file is sometimes modified to block your computer’s contact to specific web site. Proxy settings are utilized to generally disallow Internet browsing. Others will install unwanted add-ons for browser to disconnect Internet traffic.
If virus and other types of infection manage to block Internet access, you can try this procedure to reinstate the connection.
How to Remove Unwanted Proxy on Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu click on Tools > Internet Options.
3. Internet Options is displayed. Click on Connections tab and then LAN settings.
4. Local Area Network (LAN) settings window is displayed. Uncheck the box under Proxy server. Click OK to save settings.
How to Remove Unwanted Proxy on Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. On upper right corner, click on the Wrench icon.
3. From drop-down list, select Settings.
4. You will now see Google Chrome’s basic settings menu.
5. Please select Under the Hood.
6. On Network area, click on Change proxy. This will open Internet Properties window.
7. Click on Connections tab and then LAN settings.
8. Local Area Network (LAN) settings window is displayed. Uncheck the box under Proxy server. Click OK to save settings.
How to Remove Unwanted Proxy on Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox Browser.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Select Options from the drop-down list.
3. Go to Advanced and select Network from the tabs.
4. Click on Settings…
5. Connection Settings will appear.
6. Select No proxy and click OK to save the final setup. If you are using a proxy, please change it back to a previous settings by selecting Manual Proxy Configuration.
7. Click OK on the main screen to exit Firefox option screen.