How to Remove Programs or Virus from Windows Start-up
Windows start-up is a primary target of Trojan, virus, spyware and malware to load themselves during boot-up. So it is important for us to know how to remove unwanted executable and programs from Windows start-up. There are various possible ways to load a program and run them automatically and here are some of them:
To remove unwanted program from starting up, you can edit msconfig of Windows.
1. Go to Start > Run and type msconfig
2. A System Configuration Utility will appear
3. Go to Startup tab
4. Remove the check mark from Startup Item you wanted to disable
5. Press OK the Apply to save.
6. After bootup, it will prompt you about the changes, just tick a box to ignore the warning.
There were times that a program is called via Windows Start Menu. To remove any unwanted programs from this menu please follow these:
1. Open you Windows Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs
2. Look for the folder Startup and remove entries you don’t want to run when Windows is started.