Restore FireFox To Its Default Settings
There are instances that we wanted to restore FireFox to its default settings but no available preferences inside this Internet browser so we wondered if FireFox default settings can be restored. Firefox has simple method to get back to its fresh-installed settings with these simple steps.
1. Go to Start > Run and type firefox -safe-modein the Open dialog box. This will run Firefox in safe mode.
2. Choose from a list of preferences and mark check those you want to reset.
- Disable all add-ons– This will remove all added themes and extensions
- Reset toolbars and controls – Remove customization made on toolbar
- Reset bookmarks to Firefox defaults – All bookmarks made will be deleted and retain only FireFox default bookmarks.
- Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults – Applying this will reset the default Options and preference settings including default theme. Entries in the about:config page will also be restore to default.
- Restore default search engines – This will give you back the defined search engines (Bing, Google, Yahoo, eBay etc… , without deleting any added search engines.