Unable to Find mswbar.dll – MyWebSearch
My Web Search or sometimes called as MyWebSearch Tool Bar is an adware program that that brings excessive advertisements on the compromised computer. MyWebSearch also monitors victims Internet browsing habits and serve pop-up advertisements based on the gathered data. It also hijacks Internet search and point users to unknown web sites. MyWebSearch also modified Internet Explorer settings and modifies the default homepage. A Toolbar is integrated to the same web browser even without proper authorization from user.
Most people who got contaminated with this adware thought that they have successfully removed it through simple add/remove program of Windows. This method is insufficient to totally take out all files and system components created by MyWebSearch. For this reason, incomplete removal will cause an error “Unable to Find mswbar.dll.”
Mswbar.dll is a major component of MyWebSearch. Some security programs will automatically quarantine or remove this file from the system leaving other components behind. Thus, it give an error messages every time you start your computer:
- Unable to find mswbar.dll
- C:PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.dll – The specified module cold not be found.
How to Fix ‘Unable to find mswbar.dll’
1. Please go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove any of these application if present:
- My Search Bar
- My Web Search Bar
- My Mail Stamp
- Search Assistant
- My Speedbar
- Fun Web Products Easy Installer
2. Go to Internet Explorer Menu. Then, Tools > Options
3. Internet Options window will appear, go to Programs tab
4. Click on Manage add-ons. You will see ’View and manage your Internet Explorer add-ons.’
5. On Toolbars and Extension, look for the following name/publisher:
6. If any of the above is present, disable it by right-click, then click Disable.
7. Close Internet Options and Internet Explorer.
8. Using an account with Administrative privilege, go to Start >Run. On keyboard press [Windows Key]+[R]
9. In the box, type msconfig.
10. System Configuration Utility will appear. Go to Startup tab. Remove check mark on any entries that contains the following startup item and command:
7. Restart your computer.
8. After restarting computer, System Configuration Utility warning will appear. Check the box that says ‘Don’t Show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows start.’ That will prevent display of the same messages when Windows starts.